DAO Help required 
Author Message
 DAO Help required

How can I change the size of a field in a table.

Is there a way to do it without creating a new field and then moving the
data and deleteing the old and and then renaming the new?  (PHEW THAT WAS A
LONG QUESTION!)

Cheers in advance

Brian



Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:06:34 GMT  
 DAO Help required
Oh and I mean by code of course!

Quote:
> How can I change the size of a field in a table.

> Is there a way to do it without creating a new field and then moving the
> data and deleteing the old and and then renaming the new?  (PHEW THAT WAS
A
> LONG QUESTION!)

> Cheers in advance

> Brian



Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:09:33 GMT  
 DAO Help required

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:09:33 +0100, "Brian Gallagher"

Quote:

>Oh and I mean by code of course!


>> How can I change the size of a field in a table.

>> Is there a way to do it without creating a new field and then moving the
>> data and deleteing the old and and then renaming the new?  (PHEW THAT WAS
>A
>> LONG QUESTION!)

>> Brian

Brian:

AFAIK the field size of a field in a table is read only after initial
creation,   thus,   you have to go through the create, move data,
delete process, etc.

You can use DAO or ADO or just use SQL commands (like ALTER)  from the
currentdb.execute methods under DAO.



Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:01:29 GMT  
 DAO Help required

Quote:

>Brian:

>AFAIK the field size of a field in a table is read only after initial
>creation,   thus,   you have to go through the create, move data,
>delete process, etc.

>You can use DAO or ADO or just use SQL commands (like ALTER)  from the
>currentdb.execute methods under DAO.

sorry,   forgot to sign my posting !!!!

-------------
Richard Killey
www.comeandread.com/access

latest article on my site shows
how to use multi-select listboxes
as criteria for reports



Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:02:22 GMT  
 DAO Help required
Thanks for that just as I thought!

You would think you should be able to do this as they allow you to do
anything else to a table!

Regards

Brian


Quote:

> >Brian:

> >AFAIK the field size of a field in a table is read only after initial
> >creation,   thus,   you have to go through the create, move data,
> >delete process, etc.

> >You can use DAO or ADO or just use SQL commands (like ALTER)  from the
> >currentdb.execute methods under DAO.

> sorry,   forgot to sign my posting !!!!

> -------------
> Richard Killey
> www.comeandread.com/access

> latest article on my site shows
> how to use multi-select listboxes
> as criteria for reports



Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:27:08 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ERROR: 424-Object Required using VB4-16and DAO 2.5

2. Guru required - Help, Help, Help - ASP and SCRIPT

3. DAO-Specific Help not available in Access 2000 Help (VB Help)

4. Help, Help, Help (ODBC/JET/DAO)

5. Help file for VB6 required, can anyone help?

6. PLEASE HELP - MKS MKD etc - Urgent Help Required

7. HELP - MKS CVS MKD etc - Urgent Help Required

8. Help required with TreeView Control HELP!!!

9. Help, Help, Help (ODBC/JET/DAO)

10. Password required - Code Required !

11. Required Files: Required Run-time libraries for VB6

12. HELP - DAO Locking - HELP

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software