Change message Read status
Author Message
 Change message Read status

Hi,

I have a bit of VBA code which generates a custom Mail Notification message.
I want to change the Read status of the message if I have read it. I have
tried   MailItem.UnRead = False but that doesn't change the status.

Is there some way to achieve this with just a line or two of code?

Thanks,

John

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:59:58 GMT
 Change message Read status
Did you issue the save method after changing the Unread property?

Mailitem.Unread = False
MailItem.Save

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a bit of VBA code which generates a custom Mail Notification
message.
> I want to change the Read status of the message if I have read it. I have
> tried   MailItem.UnRead = False but that doesn't change the status.

> Is there some way to achieve this with just a line or two of code?

> Thanks,

> John

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:33:48 GMT
 Change message Read status
Yes I did. Not at first but then I thought it might need it to record the
change.

John

Quote:

> Did you issue the save method after changing the Unread property?

> Mailitem.Unread = False
> MailItem.Save

> > Hi,

> > I have a bit of VBA code which generates a custom Mail Notification
> message.
> > I want to change the Read status of the message if I have read it. I
have
> > tried   MailItem.UnRead = False but that doesn't change the status.

> > Is there some way to achieve this with just a line or two of code?

> > Thanks,

> > John

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:56:41 GMT
 Change message Read status
I realised the error of my ways. I move some of the messages, depending on
the source, to a different folder. After it is moved I obviously cannot mark
it as read without first locating this message.

John

Quote:
> Yes I did. Not at first but then I thought it might need it to record the
> change.

> John

> > Did you issue the save method after changing the Unread property?

> > Mailitem.Unread = False
> > MailItem.Save

> > > Hi,

> > > I have a bit of VBA code which generates a custom Mail Notification
> > message.
> > > I want to change the Read status of the message if I have read it. I
> have
> > > tried   MailItem.UnRead = False but that doesn't change the status.

> > > Is there some way to achieve this with just a line or two of code?

> > > Thanks,

> > > John

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:24:57 GMT

1. Changing message icons when message read.

2. Reading status messages and text from shelled DOS programs in

3. CAPS and NUM, et al on status bar do not change state when the keyboard changes

4. VBA code to let message appear in status bar

5. Posting message to status bar

6. Posting messages to the Project98 status bar

7. Form to display status messages

8. How to display status messages

9. Putting message on windows status bar

10. Displaying a status message

11. Status bar message for menu items in VB 4.0

12. Putting message on windows status bar