Automation seems to hang with Access 97 / Word 97
Author Message
 Automation seems to hang with Access 97 / Word 97

I am having a problem with an automated merge from Access 97 to Word 97.  I
have a filter form that allows the user to select a date range, as well as
which template they wish to use in their merge.  The VBA code takes the
selected document, creates a new document based on the template, opens the
data source via DDE (which is assigned via code & not stored in the
template), executes the merge, then attempts to close the document (without
saving changes).  I have only a few records in the tables, but it seem to
take far too long.   Upon closing of the form, it does not close the
automation completely and hangs.  Any suggestions?  I would include the
code, but it's quite lengthy.  Could the problem be that I am closing the
document too quickly, before the connection has had a chance to be resolved?

Thanks,
K. Hood

-------------
K. Hood

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation Error when automating Word 97 from Access 97

2. Sending text to Word 97 from Access 97 using OLE automation

3. Automation Problem with Access 97/Excel 97

4. Access 97: How do I edit an embedded Word object through automation

5. Office 97 Access to Word Automation

6. Access 97 Automation - Integration with Word

7. Access 97 to Word Mail Merge Automation

8. Access 97 to Word 8.0 Automation Help Needed

9. MS Graph 5 OLE Automation in Word from Access 97

10. Access 2 and Word 97 ole automation

11. Help Needed - Passing Value from Access 97 to Word 97 Macro

12. Access 97 create a Word 97 letter