system error - catastrophic failure
Author Message
 system error - catastrophic failure

i wrote some word97 vba-macros with userforms with text-/
list-boxes and other controls.
we have several computers in our office that these macros
are used on. a couple of weeks ago, these computers where
migrated from nt4 to w2k.

when i try to load the userforms into Word97 on some of the
computers the userforms with the above-mentioned controls
cannot be loaded correctly.
an error message appears and the loaded forms are empty (no
controls).
the error message reads "system error &H800FFFF
catastrophic failure".

what's wrong with the setup of these computers?

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:48:02 GMT
 system error - catastrophic failure
Hi Gilbert,

Quote:
> the error message reads "system error &H800FFFF
> what's wrong with the setup of these computers?

Impossible to determine or judge your computer's setup with
a brief errormessage and the knowledge that you've recently migrated
from NT4 to W2K :-))

Try to compare the desktops of the computers that are causing
you trouble and those that aren't.
If there are differences, you could try again and you'll have a better
chance of people being able to help you.
You could also go to KB in search for articles on NT4/W2K
migration and specific Office 2K installation issues, you should be
aware of when migrating.

Kind regards,
Perry

Quote:
> i wrote some word97 vba-macros with userforms with text-/
> list-boxes and other controls.
> we have several computers in our office that these macros
> are used on. a couple of weeks ago, these computers where
> migrated from nt4 to w2k.

> when i try to load the userforms into Word97 on some of the
> computers the userforms with the above-mentioned controls
> cannot be loaded correctly.
> an error message appears and the loaded forms are empty (no
> controls).
> the error message reads "system error &H800FFFF
> catastrophic failure".

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:00:04 GMT

1. Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!

2. Automation Error Catastrophic Failure saving form

3. Getting a "Catastrophic Failure" error

4. Catastrophic Failure (?)

5. "Bad Security Attribute": Catastrophic Failure

6. Catastrophic failure

7. IIS Catastrophic failure

8. Catastrophic Failure

9. Catastrophic Failure!

10. Catastrophic failure

11. Catastrophic failure

12. adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure