Relinking source docments to primary documents
Author Message
 Relinking source docments to primary documents

I currently have a number of primary documents (up to 100)
that are linked to source documents on my server (eg:
\zeus\letters\).

The problem I have is that when these are copied onto a
clients server, the server name may be different and
therefore when you try to perform the merge, it will not
automatically find the source document and I have to
relink each primary and source documents. When there are
approximately 100 letters, this can be very time consuming.

Does anyone know the best way of automatically searching
and replacing the server name and replacing it with the
new server name of the client.

Thanks

Helen B

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:20:56 GMT
 Relinking source docments to primary documents
Take a look at http://www.mousetrax.com/convert.html. The article
describes the way to do this in WordBasic, however, there is a link to
download a VBA version that can do as you require.

Greg Chapman
MS-MVP

http://www.mousetrax.com
MouseTrax Computing Solutions

Quote:

>I currently have a number of primary documents (up to 100)
>that are linked to source documents on my server (eg:
>\zeus\letters\).

>Does anyone know the best way of automatically searching
>and replacing the server name and replacing it with the
>new server name of the client.

>Thanks

>Helen B

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:39:11 GMT

1. Updating/relinking an ODBC source via VBA

2. Updating/relinking an ODBC source via VBA

3. Docment Journal Saving

4. Joined Primary Key in Foxpro (Make 1 Primary Key from 2 fields)

5. Hoe to use 2 Primary Tables in a Primary/Secondary Data Form

6. 2 Primary Tables in a Primary/Secondary Data Form

7. Hoe to use 2 Primary Tables in a Primary/Secondary Data Form

8. Inserting HTML tags into document source

9. Macro to update source document server name

10. Active Document HTML Source

11. XML tree in Word Document to appear the same in HTML source file

12. Automatically Updating Embedded Graph Source if document's name is changed