Outlook97, doing something Macro-ish?
Author Message
 Outlook97, doing something Macro-ish?

I recently needed to be able to take the message text (and author name, and
date) from a bunch of Outlook messages, and stick all that into a text file,
for other processing and reporting.

I wrote a little VB6 application that interfaced with Outlook2000 (and got
some pointers from several people on this conference, thank you!) which
works dandy.

My problem now is I'm faced with having to do a similar thing for a group
that is using Outlook97.         So I thought, well, I wouldn't be able to
do
the VB interface, but I can probably just write a macro with similar VBA
code.

Only....under Tools, in Outlook97, there appeaars to be no Macro option.
Does Outlook97 not have macros?   Is there some other way I could do the
above in a fairly automated fashion?

Any tips would be appreciated!

************
Tom Luthman

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tluthman

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook97, doing something Macro-ish?
Outlook 97/98 do not support VBA macros.

Since the bulk of your solution is written in VB6 (If COM AddIn, turn it it
into a standard application that can control the OL97 interface) you just
need to watch what objects you use since the Outlook 2K model is much more
extensive than the earlier versions.

Quote:

> I recently needed to be able to take the message text (and author name,
and
> date) from a bunch of Outlook messages, and stick all that into a text
file,
> for other processing and reporting.

> I wrote a little VB6 application that interfaced with Outlook2000 (and got
> some pointers from several people on this conference, thank you!) which
> works dandy.

> My problem now is I'm faced with having to do a similar thing for a group
> that is using Outlook97.         So I thought, well, I wouldn't be able to
> do
> the VB interface, but I can probably just write a macro with similar VBA
> code.

> Only....under Tools, in Outlook97, there appeaars to be no Macro option.
> Does Outlook97 not have macros?   Is there some other way I could do the
> above in a fairly automated fashion?

> Any tips would be appreciated!

> ************
> Tom Luthman

> http://www.mindspring.com/~tluthman

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Obviously I'm doing something wrong!

2. I must be doing something wrong here

3. Am I doing something wrong ?

4. Am I doing something wrong...??

5. Am I doing something wrong...??

6. How do you make a script wait whilst something is being done

7. Is access really doing something else ???

8. has the user done something?

9. I need something already done to register calendar hours of a teacher

10. Search & replace not being done by macro

11. Application Setup Wizard VB4 - I'm missing something, or I'm doing something silly.

12. Dumb(ish) Question on Combobox Items