Trouble Converting From 97 to 2000
Author Message
 Trouble Converting From 97 to 2000

I converted an Access 97 db to Access 2000 and I'm having trouble with a
function that I call from a crosstab query. The crosstab query calls a
function that dynamically assigns a month number to a column heading. The
query works perfectly in Access97 but it 2000 it assigns these weird
characters to the column headings. Any suggestions?

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:58:38 GMT
 Trouble Converting From 97 to 2000
Open any code window, and choose References from the Tools menu.
Look for anything marked "MISSING".

If your code contained DAO references, make sure there's a ref.
to MS DAO 3.6. Deference MS ADO 2.xx if you don't need it.

(By default, projects converted from A97 have the DAO reference,
but if you open a new A2k mdb and import the stuff from A97, you
need to check the DAO library.)

Quote:

--
Allen Browne (Microsoft Access MVP)
Perth, Western Australia

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:46:22 GMT
 Trouble Converting From 97 to 2000
    Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the references from the code
window and I didn't see anything marked "MISSING". I checked to see if the
ADO 3.6 reference was checked and it was, so all is well there.
    I think the problem is that in Access 97, my code returned an integer
value as my dynamic column heading. When I was troubleshooting, I attempted
to convert the integer into a string and then ran the crosstab. It worked
perfectly.
    Since I have a lot of queries, I'm looking for the quick way out. You
may still be correct with the ADO references and perhaps I'm still doing
something incorrectly. Any suggestions would be appreciated :-)

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:59:50 GMT
 Trouble Converting From 97 to 2000
If the crosstab column name is an integer, you may need to surround
the name with square brackets when referencing it, e.g.:
   Me.2
will error, so you use:
   Me.[2]

The references thing may not have been your problem, but be aware
that the ADO library is very different from the DAO library.

Quote:

>     Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the references from the code
> window and I didn't see anything marked "MISSING". I checked to see if the
> ADO 3.6 reference was checked and it was, so all is well there.
>     I think the problem is that in Access 97, my code returned an integer
> value as my dynamic column heading. When I was troubleshooting, I attempted
> to convert the integer into a string and then ran the crosstab. It worked
> perfectly.
>     Since I have a lot of queries, I'm looking for the quick way out. You
> may still be correct with the ADO references and perhaps I'm still doing
> something incorrectly. Any suggestions would be appreciated :-)

--
Allen Browne (Microsoft Access MVP)
Perth, Western Australia
Tips for MS Access users at:
        http://odyssey.apana.org.au/~abrowne

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:39:42 GMT

1. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

2. Converting Modules from Access 97 to 2000

3. Converting from Access 97 to 2000 - Visual Basic Code

4. Converting Access 2000 to 97 using VBA...

5. Module to convert an MS Access 97/2000 into XML

6. Access 97 to 2000 Converting

7. convert programatically an access 97 database to 2000

8. Severe Database Bloating with 2000 (converted from 97)

9. convert vba 2000 to vba 97

10. converting from access 2000 to '97

11. Converting my events in Access 2000 to 97

12. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97