Old Question about color decisions
Author Message
 Old Question about color decisions

Hi
   I've asked this question before in the newsgroup
"comp.databases.ms-access".
First off I'm not a programmer by a very long shot!
My Problem:
I have code attached to a command button which will scan my database and
evalute date fields and thereupon write the result to a table.
This table has 11 columns. one bound field per column.
when the results of my code is written to the fields in my table they appear
as text.
The REALLY BIG Problem is that my report is based on this table..
Normally I would make my color decisions in the Detail_Section of the Report
in ON Format...but the recordsource of my report is based on the table with
11 fields....the fields from my database are not part of this
record-source...Therefore I cannot make any color decisions based on the
fields that my code evaluates....

I'm not sure I've explained my self clearly
but if you could shed some light on my problem, it would be much
appreciated!
Thanks
Giuliano

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:06:55 GMT
 Old Question about color decisions
Do you really need that table with 11 fields?  Couldn't you just have the
command button run your report?

Whether you keep the interim 11 field table or not, you need to include the
color information in the query that gathers the data from the source table.

--
-Larry-
www.LocalTechShop.com/dss

> Hi
>    I've asked this question before in the newsgroup
> "comp.databases.ms-access".
> First off I'm not a programmer by a very long shot!
> My Problem:
> I have code attached to a command button which will scan my database and
> evalute date fields and thereupon write the result to a table.
> This table has 11 columns. one bound field per column.
> when the results of my code is written to the fields in my table they
appear
> as text.
> The REALLY BIG Problem is that my report is based on this table..
> Normally I would make my color decisions in the Detail_Section of the
Report
> in ON Format...but the recordsource of my report is based on the table
with
> 11 fields....the fields from my database are not part of this
> record-source...Therefore I cannot make any color decisions based on the
> fields that my code evaluates....

> I'm not sure I've explained my self clearly
> but if you could shed some light on my problem, it would be much
> appreciated!
> Thanks
> Giuliano

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:59:17 GMT
 Old Question about color decisions
Hi Larry
             I wrote some code to evalute certain date fields across various
tables, then the results were concatenated with text and written to a table
with 11 fields...my report is based on this table.
             So when I access the Detail Section (On Format)of my report and
try to change the backcolor of Field1, I realize that because the date
fields are not part of the recordset of the report, I can't chage it.
I was hoping someone could shed light on this!
Thanks Larry
Regards
Giuliano

Quote:
> Do you really need that table with 11 fields?  Couldn't you just have the
> command button run your report?

> Whether you keep the interim 11 field table or not, you need to include
the
> color information in the query that gathers the data from the source
table.

> --
> -Larry-
> www.LocalTechShop.com/dss
> --

> > Hi
> >    I've asked this question before in the newsgroup
> > "comp.databases.ms-access".
> > First off I'm not a programmer by a very long shot!
> > My Problem:
> > I have code attached to a command button which will scan my database and
> > evalute date fields and thereupon write the result to a table.
> > This table has 11 columns. one bound field per column.
> > when the results of my code is written to the fields in my table they
> appear
> > as text.
> > The REALLY BIG Problem is that my report is based on this table..
> > Normally I would make my color decisions in the Detail_Section of the
> Report
> > in ON Format...but the recordsource of my report is based on the table
> with
> > 11 fields....the fields from my database are not part of this
> > record-source...Therefore I cannot make any color decisions based on the
> > fields that my code evaluates....

> > I'm not sure I've explained my self clearly
> > but if you could shed some light on my problem, it would be much
> > appreciated!
> > Thanks
> > Giuliano

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:53:50 GMT

1. NEED INFO ON OLD IBM DATATBASE PROGRAM: PERSONAL DECISION SERIES

2. decisions, decisions...

3. QUICK QUESTION:vb question/buying decision

4. GWbasic question (OLD Language for OLD user)

5. old book / old program

6. Looking for old, very old basic games

7. Old Sleep and old Files commands in VB?

8. Old Old databases and VB5

9. Compatibility with old interfaces/Reuse of old implementations

10. Old Old VB To New VB

11. Old User - Old Computer !

12. Question about old VB bug report