macro in Excel - running on a different computer gives me error 32811
Author Message
 macro in Excel - running on a different computer gives me error 32811

The following problem occurred:
I wrote a macro that executes on a button click. I copied the xls file
to another
computer and it worked fine. I copied it to a third computer, then the
error
message was displayed:
'unexpected error 32811' (element not found).
The macro was not executed.

It is strange that,
when I on the third computer open a new Excel worksheet, then
copy the code from my original macro to this sheet, it again works.

In all cases I used Office 97 under Windows 98.

Did anyone encounter this problem also?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 macro in Excel - running on a different computer gives me error 32811
Hi Anne,
You probably should check the objects that are checked under Tools |
References in the VB IDE (that is, open the VB editor (Alt-F11 in Excel),
and choose Tools | References in the menu).
Do that in one of the computers where the macro runs, and in the computer
where it doesn't, and my guess is you'll find an object group that is not
checked  in the latter.  Check it, and try to run the macro again. It should
work this time.

Good luck.
Gal.

Quote:

> The following problem occurred:
> I wrote a macro that executes on a button click. I copied the xls file
> to another
> computer and it worked fine. I copied it to a third computer, then the
> error
> message was displayed:
> 'unexpected error 32811' (element not found).
> The macro was not executed.

> It is strange that,
> when I on the third computer open a new Excel worksheet, then
> copy the code from my original macro to this sheet, it again works.

> In all cases I used Office 97 under Windows 98.

> Did anyone encounter this problem also?
> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Anne

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA macro in Excel - running on a different computer gives me error 32811

2. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

3. Problem compiling Module -- error code 32811

4. Unexpected error (32811)

5. Unexpected error (32811)

6. Unexpected Error (32811)

7. Unexpected error 32811

8. VBA comiler error 32811

9. unexpected error 32811

10. Error 32811 in VB for Applications

11. PLEASE HELP!!! Common Control Not Found (Error 32811)

12. HELP: Unexpected Error (32811) when adding COMCTL32.OCX