how do i get the current opened document?
Author Message
 how do i get the current opened document?

Hi John,

ActiveDocument.Name - the file name
ActiveDocument.FullName - the path & file name
ActiveDocument.Path - the path without filename

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Word FAQs at http://www.*-*-*.com/
by email

Quote:

>I need to write a VBA macro that will get the current doc that the user has
>opened and do stuff to it. I need to get the file name and the full path.
>This is going to be run from a custom menu item.
>Ideas? Thanks!

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting current IE document URL

2. How use current directory with Documents.Open Filename

3. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

4. Getting text from open document

5. Getting Word Properties from an open document

6. getting the titles of documents open in other applications

7. getting a document description from a word document

8. Getting embedded document file names from parent document

9. Document Statistics Without Opening a Document

10. Opening Merge Document tries to remerge the document

11. Opening and updating Office 2000 documents in an open event macro

12. Opening new document without a new window opening