Can't put files using Internet Transfer Control 6 SP4
Author Message
 Can't put files using Internet Transfer Control 6 SP4

Hi...
I'm having a terrible time (even if about a silly matter)
since i'm trying to post a file using internet transfer
control 6 SP4.
I'm working with W2000 pro, i'm hosting a FTP site, i'm
trying to automate Word XP trying to post a file in my FTP
site.
More or less, the code i'm trying to use is this:
(sorry if it is notelegant)
________________________________
dim inet1 as inet
Inet1.Protocol = icFTP
Inet1.URL = "ftp://c037/filepost/" 'my intranet ftp

Inet1.Execute , "PUT\" & PosterFileName
& " /filepost/dir1/" & PosterFileName

Well... everything is working as long as i debug it and i
run it step-by-step but when i execute it unattended,
VBA just hangs and ive to stop Word using TaskMAnager.
I've tried to use the property inet1.StillExecuting but...
As long as i debug it it works, when i executed it
unattended its value doesn't change (always true) - if i
use it in a loop, and i interrupt the execution, it turns
false (it should be so! I'm trying to transfer 20 bytes..).
Ive tried to find somewhere else a solution (e.g.
wininet.dll) but i can't workaround the problem because i
can't find the right settings..

Could anyone tell me how can i transfer (ANY way will be
OK for me) my file to the FTP site through automation??

Thanks so much for your help
Regards,
Emanuele Dolis

Sat, 01 May 2004 06:51:22 GMT

1. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

2. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

3. Using file URL's with Internet Transfer Control

4. Using SEND or PUT Internet Transfer Control

5. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

6. Problems with Internet transfer control using PUT

7. HTTPS PUT file via internet transfer control

8. Bug with MS Internet Transfer control 6.0 (SP4)

9. Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control

10. Using the PUT method with HTTP and the Internet transfer controll

11. problem uploading a file using internet transfer control

12. Downloading file using Internet Transfer Control (not FTP server)