Multiple paragraph formats in a shape
Author Message
 Multiple paragraph formats in a shape

Hi.

I am having trouble trying to add multiple paragraphs to a shape's text. I
mean, I can add them with simple CR+LF but I cannot format a single
paragraph. I am trying to format one paragraph with Bold and another with
italics.
I sow that when I do that in Visio (select a range of text and format it)
Visio creates new Characters Section Lines, that I cannot create
programmativaly.

Anyone knows how this works?

Thanks a lot for your help.

JOEL

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:39:50 GMT
 Multiple paragraph formats in a shape
Here's how I did it:

dim visShape as Visio.Shape

Dim visChars As Visio.Characters

Dim iStart As Integer, iEnd As Integer

'Set visShape to your shape, iStart and IEnd to the offsets of the text you
want to have different font, color, etc., then:

Set visChars = visShape.Characters

visChars.Begin = iStart

visChars.end = iEnd

visChars.CharProps(visCharacterSize) = 8

visChars.CharProps(visCharacterColor) = visRed

Wouldn't it be nice if the Visio documentation explained that?

Quote:
> Hi.

> I am having trouble trying to add multiple paragraphs to a shape's text. I
> mean, I can add them with simple CR+LF but I cannot format a single
> paragraph. I am trying to format one paragraph with Bold and another with
> italics.
> I sow that when I do that in Visio (select a range of text and format it)
> Visio creates new Characters Section Lines, that I cannot create
> programmativaly.

> Anyone knows how this works?

> Thanks a lot for your help.

> JOEL

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 06:03:34 GMT

1. To distinguish between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph by bookmarks

2. Help with Multiple Paragraph Mark Replacement

3. Help: Getting Multiple paragraphs from a Resource File

4. Formatting Word Paragraphs

5. Formatting Word Paragraphs

6. Indenting Paragraphs in Text Formatted Email

7. formattedtext function and paragraph formatting

8. HTML formatted text from a paragraph?

9. How to format paragraph

10. How to convert word paragraph or range into RTF format

11. reading paragraph formatting from predefined bookmarks

12. paragraph formatting (html) doesn't show bullets