How to run Access Report from visual Basic? 
Author Message
 How to run Access Report from visual Basic?

I want to open Access Report from Visual Basic while Access is not
already open.
I have been able to open it with
          DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewPreview
only if I have already opened the database in the Access

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to run Access Report from visual Basic?
Thats the only way to do it. Only Access can open Access
reports.

--
MichKa

-------------------------------------
don't send questions by e-mail unless
you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

random junk of dubious value and
replica error and problem fixing at:
http://www.trigeminal.com


Quote:
> I want to open Access Report from Visual Basic while
Access is not
> already open.
> I have been able to open it with
>           DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewPreview
> only if I have already opened the database in the Access

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to run Access Report from visual Basic?
alternatively, use the VSReports.OCX from videosoft.
haven't used it myself, but what it does is "translates" access reports
into a format which it likes, and then you can display the same in
a window, similar to the Crystal Reports style.
Download the demo and give it a shot.

cheers,
nolan

Quote:

>Thats the only way to do it. Only Access can open Access
>reports.

>--
>MichKa

>-------------------------------------
>don't send questions by e-mail unless
>you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

>random junk of dubious value and
>replica error and problem fixing at:
>http://www.trigeminal.com



>> I want to open Access Report from Visual Basic while
>Access is not
>> already open.
>> I have been able to open it with
>>           DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewPreview
>> only if I have already opened the database in the Access

>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to run Access Report from visual Basic?
You can use VBA code to create an instance of Access and run the
report:

Dim objAccess As Access.Application
Set objAccess = New Access.Application
objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\MyDB.mdb"
objAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewPreview
 ' Maximize the report window
objAccess.DoCmd.Maximize
'Shift the focus to Access
objAccess.Visible = True

 -- Andy

Quote:

>I want to open Access Report from Visual Basic while Access is not
>already open.
>I have been able to open it with
>          DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewPreview
>only if I have already opened the database in the Access

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Run Access Report from Visual Basic

2. from visual basic to access report(send query to access report))

3. Parameter Queries written in Access run in Visual Basic

4. can i run an access forms from visual basic

5. Running an Access Query from Visual Basic

6. Error running Visual Basic calling Access

7. Running other programs from Visual Basic (for Access)

8. Running Access 97 Queries In Visual Basic 5.0

9. How to open access report from visual basic

10. MS-Access report in Visual Basic

11. MS Access Reports In Visual Basic

12. Access Reports and Visual Basic

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software