Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
Author Message
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File

"Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost."

Thanks

Rita Nikas Wrote:

"You need to post an issue in one of the microsoft.public.access
newsgroups for me to assist you further."

JSuttin Wrote:
"Rita Nikas,

I was advised via a parictipant in the comp.databases.ms-access NG that
you could provide me with a solution for the above.  The "revert to
known good backup" solution offered in the MS KB is unacceptable.

Please help."

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:03:25 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
Hi JDavidSuttin,

I'm sure you'll hear from Rita soon, in the meantime, please look at this KB
article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

As far as I can tell, you can avoid the problem if you make sure to compile
your VBA project after you import objects (forms/modules/reports) and before
you close the mdb.

HTH,

--
Sandra Daigle
[Microsoft Access MVP]

Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
benefit.

Quote:
> "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost."

> Thanks

> Rita Nikas Wrote:

> "You need to post an issue in one of the microsoft.public.access
> newsgroups for me to assist you further."

> JSuttin Wrote:
> "Rita Nikas,

> I was advised via a parictipant in the comp.databases.ms-access NG that
> you could provide me with a solution for the above.  The "revert to
> known good backup" solution offered in the MS KB is unacceptable.

> Please help."

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:09:22 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
Well, I'll keep hope alive...

I appreciate your reply.  I am familiar with this KB article and I
made reference to when I wrote that the "revert to known good backup"
resolution wasn't the type of resolution I was hoping for.

I understand that compiling the VBA project after importing objects
should help me avoid the corruption but after hearing about an actual
solution I am interested in obtaining it.

It's kind of like owning a car and discovering that if you don't kick
each tire after exiting the car they will explode after a few minutes.
 Common sense and multiple trips to the tire store would quickly teach
me to faithfully kick the tires. However, knowledge of a resolution
that would no longer require such preventative techniques would be
most appreciated (my toes are starting to hurt).

But until then, the tires shall be adamanatly and repeatedly kicked.

Quote:

> Hi JDavidSuttin,

> I'm sure you'll hear from Rita soon, in the meantime, please look at this KB
> article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

> As far as I can tell, you can avoid the problem if you make sure to compile
> your VBA project after you import objects (forms/modules/reports) and before
> you close the mdb.

> HTH,

> --
> Sandra Daigle
> [Microsoft Access MVP]

> Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
> benefit.

> > "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost."

> > Thanks

> > Rita Nikas Wrote:

> > "You need to post an issue in one of the microsoft.public.access
> > newsgroups for me to assist you further."

> > JSuttin Wrote:
> > "Rita Nikas,

> > I was advised via a parictipant in the comp.databases.ms-access NG that
> > you could provide me with a solution for the above.  The "revert to
> > known good backup" solution offered in the MS KB is unacceptable.

> > Please help."

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:27:00 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
I understand - I've kicked the tires a few times myself - I've also
forgotten a time or two and had one (or all) explode. I know it's
frustrating -

Sorry I forgot about your reference to the KB article - my reply was
actually to the post you made in the other thread which sounded as though
you were frequently experiencing this type of corruption - I copied my reply
to this thread to make sure you saw it. Just wanted to make sure you *knew*
what caused the exploding tires and the ritual to avoid them <G>

Looks like Rita has contacted you so you should be in good shape soon.
--

Sandra Daigle, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
> Well, I'll keep hope alive...

> I appreciate your reply.  I am familiar with this KB article and I
> made reference to when I wrote that the "revert to known good backup"
> resolution wasn't the type of resolution I was hoping for.

> I understand that compiling the VBA project after importing objects
> should help me avoid the corruption but after hearing about an actual
> solution I am interested in obtaining it.

> It's kind of like owning a car and discovering that if you don't kick
> each tire after exiting the car they will explode after a few minutes.
>  Common sense and multiple trips to the tire store would quickly teach
> me to faithfully kick the tires. However, knowledge of a resolution
> that would no longer require such preventative techniques would be
> most appreciated (my toes are starting to hurt).

> But until then, the tires shall be adamanatly and repeatedly kicked.

Quote:
> > Hi JDavidSuttin,

> > I'm sure you'll hear from Rita soon, in the meantime, please look at
this KB
> > article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

> > As far as I can tell, you can avoid the problem if you make sure to
compile
> > your VBA project after you import objects (forms/modules/reports) and
before
> > you close the mdb.

> > HTH,

> > --
> > Sandra Daigle
> > [Microsoft Access MVP]

> > Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
> > benefit.

> > > "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost."

> > > Thanks

> > > Rita Nikas Wrote:

> > > "You need to post an issue in one of the microsoft.public.access
> > > newsgroups for me to assist you further."

> > > JSuttin Wrote:
> > > "Rita Nikas,

> > > I was advised via a parictipant in the comp.databases.ms-access NG
that
> > > you could provide me with a solution for the above.  The "revert to
> > > known good backup" solution offered in the MS KB is unacceptable.

> > > Please help."

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:12:01 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
I thought this was an MS issue, but now I see that the roots are with
Orville and Wilber.

Quote:
> I understand - I've kicked the tires a few times myself - I've also
> forgotten a time or two and had one (or all) explode. I know it's
> frustrating -

> Sorry I forgot about your reference to the KB article - my reply was
> actually to the post you made in the other thread which sounded as though
> you were frequently experiencing this type of corruption - I copied my
reply
> to this thread to make sure you saw it. Just wanted to make sure you
*knew*
> what caused the exploding tires and the ritual to avoid them <G>

> Looks like Rita has contacted you so you should be in good shape soon.
> --

> Sandra Daigle, Microsoft Access MVP

> > Well, I'll keep hope alive...

> > I appreciate your reply.  I am familiar with this KB article and I
> > made reference to when I wrote that the "revert to known good backup"
> > resolution wasn't the type of resolution I was hoping for.

> > I understand that compiling the VBA project after importing objects
> > should help me avoid the corruption but after hearing about an actual
> > solution I am interested in obtaining it.

> > It's kind of like owning a car and discovering that if you don't kick
> > each tire after exiting the car they will explode after a few minutes.
> >  Common sense and multiple trips to the tire store would quickly teach
> > me to faithfully kick the tires. However, knowledge of a resolution
> > that would no longer require such preventative techniques would be
> > most appreciated (my toes are starting to hurt).

> > But until then, the tires shall be adamanatly and repeatedly kicked.

> > > Hi JDavidSuttin,

> > > I'm sure you'll hear from Rita soon, in the meantime, please look at
> this KB
> > > article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

> > > As far as I can tell, you can avoid the problem if you make sure to
> compile
> > > your VBA project after you import objects (forms/modules/reports) and
> before
> > > you close the mdb.

> > > HTH,

> > > --
> > > Sandra Daigle
> > > [Microsoft Access MVP]

> > > Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others
can
> > > benefit.

> that

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:07:16 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
I received the update and have not seen the error since then.  Thanks for your help.
Quote:

> > I understand - I've kicked the tires a few times myself - I've also
> > forgotten a time or two and had one (or all) explode. I know it's
> > frustrating -

> > Sorry I forgot about your reference to the KB article - my reply was
> > actually to the post you made in the other thread which sounded as though
> > you were frequently experiencing this type of corruption - I copied my
>  reply
> > to this thread to make sure you saw it. Just wanted to make sure you
>  *knew*
> > what caused the exploding tires and the ritual to avoid them <G>

> > Looks like Rita has contacted you so you should be in good shape soon.
> > --

> > Sandra Daigle, Microsoft Access MVP

> > > Well, I'll keep hope alive...

> > > I appreciate your reply.  I am familiar with this KB article and I
> > > made reference to when I wrote that the "revert to known good backup"
> > > resolution wasn't the type of resolution I was hoping for.

> > > I understand that compiling the VBA project after importing objects
> > > should help me avoid the corruption but after hearing about an actual
> > > solution I am interested in obtaining it.

> > > It's kind of like owning a car and discovering that if you don't kick
> > > each tire after exiting the car they will explode after a few minutes.
> > >  Common sense and multiple trips to the tire store would quickly teach
> > > me to faithfully kick the tires. However, knowledge of a resolution
> > > that would no longer require such preventative techniques would be
> > > most appreciated (my toes are starting to hurt).

> > > But until then, the tires shall be adamanatly and repeatedly kicked.

>  this KB

>  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

>  compile
>  before

>  can

>  that

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:59:31 GMT
 Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File
Glad to hear it!

--
Sandra Daigle
[Microsoft Access MVP]

Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
benefit.

Quote:
> I received the update and have not seen the error since then.  Thanks for
your help.

> > > I understand - I've kicked the tires a few times myself - I've also
> > > forgotten a time or two and had one (or all) explode. I know it's
> > > frustrating -

> > > Sorry I forgot about your reference to the KB article - my reply was
> > > actually to the post you made in the other thread which sounded as
though
> > > you were frequently experiencing this type of corruption - I copied my
> >  reply
> > > to this thread to make sure you saw it. Just wanted to make sure you
> >  *knew*
> > > what caused the exploding tires and the ritual to avoid them <G>

> > > Looks like Rita has contacted you so you should be in good shape soon.
> > > --

> > > Sandra Daigle, Microsoft Access MVP

> >  this KB

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548&id=30...

> >  compile
and
> >  before

> >  can

NG
> >  that
unacceptable.

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:12:35 GMT

1. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

2. Access 2000 VBA code not working Access 2002

3. Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002

4. ACCESS 2000 TO ACCESS 2002

5. Access 2000 vs. Access 2002 (XP)

6. spped problems with MS Access 2002 as client, Word 2002 as server

7. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

8. Access 2000 - Error accessing file - vbe6.dll bug.

9. Error Accessing File in Access 2000

10. CreateDatabase() and Access 2002/2000 formats

11. Access 2000/2002: print to lpt

12. 2002 developer books & Access 2000