Questions about Excel Ole objects
Author Message
 Questions about Excel Ole objects

Here are a series of questions about Excel Worksheets as ole objects.
I am just getting into a project making full use of the excel object model
and I'm running into all sorts of curiousities.

Why can't the Application.calculation property be accessed in an embedded
object unless the window for the workbook is visible?  Is found out after
several frustrating hours that the calculation property could be accessed
if the application were still hidden as long as the workbook is visible,
but this does not make any sense.

Why does the OLe Open verb occasionally create two workbooks in Excel: one
is correct but the other is named 'Object'?

Excel OLE is SLOWWW even if I turn screen update off.  Any way to speed it
up.  I am loading data from a database query into a somewhat complicated
model and reading the results back into Access and it seems to be taking 30
seconds or more to load 500 cells.

Thanks, Maurice

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Questions about Excel Ole objects

A way to speed up Excel is to use Early Binding. Do that with
tools...References.
That can speed things up!
--
Stephen Forte
President, NYC Access VB User Group

http://204.97.160.61/

Quote:
> Here are a series of questions about Excel Worksheets as ole objects.
> I am just getting into a project making full use of the excel object
model
> and I'm running into all sorts of curiousities.

> Why can't the Application.calculation property be accessed in an embedded
> object unless the window for the workbook is visible?  Is found out after
> several frustrating hours that the calculation property could be accessed
> if the application were still hidden as long as the workbook is visible,
> but this does not make any sense.

> Why does the OLe Open verb occasionally create two workbooks in Excel:
one
> is correct but the other is named 'Object'?

> Excel OLE is SLOWWW even if I turn screen update off.  Any way to speed
it
> up.  I am loading data from a database query into a somewhat complicated
> model and reading the results back into Access and it seems to be taking
30
> seconds or more to load 500 cells.

> Thanks, Maurice

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Excel OLE & Word OLE Viewing Question

2. OLE Access Excel (Datenimport von Excel in Access - muss nicht OLE sein)

3. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

4. Saving Excel Worksheet in DB as OLE Object

5. Access OLE object insert Excel sheet

6. Inserting an embedded OLE object (Excel) in an Access Table (VBA)

7. Increasing Speed Excel OLE object in VB 4

8. excel object inserted using OLE

9. Excel OLE Object

10. Problem w/OLE object & Multiple Excel Sheets

11. Manipulating OLE (Excel) Objects within VB Form

12. OLE Automation with Excel Worksheet Insertable Objects