Enable disable macros Msgbox
Author Message
 Enable disable macros Msgbox

Hi

Im using a code in ThisOutlookSession to respond to incoming mailitems.
In the end of the code I use the statement customitem.save (a custom
form).

If the form has "gone bad" i.e. has the wrong messageclass a msgbox will
be displayed (Enable - diasable macros usw).

This msgbox will prevent my code from running until it gets an user_click
response.

Since I'm not always in front of my computer this is a problem.

My question:
Is it possible to prevent this macro-msgbox from displaying and taking
the focus away from the Outlook app.

With regards
A Gunnarsson, VKS

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:08:42 GMT
 Enable disable macros Msgbox
There are two ways to deal with this:

1) Avoid doing anything that one-offs forms, since only one-off items
display this message.

2) Install the Outlook Email Security Update, which doesn't allow code in
one-off forms to run. Of course, it has other effects on programmability
that may not be what you want. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi

> Im using a code in ThisOutlookSession to respond to incoming mailitems.
> In the end of the code I use the statement customitem.save (a custom
> form).

> If the form has "gone bad" i.e. has the wrong messageclass a msgbox will
> be displayed (Enable - diasable macros usw).

> This msgbox will prevent my code from running until it gets an user_click
> response.

> Since I'm not always in front of my computer this is a problem.

> My question:
> Is it possible to prevent this macro-msgbox from displaying and taking
> the focus away from the Outlook app.

> With regards
> A Gunnarsson, VKS

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:39:02 GMT

1. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

2. disable the enable/disable macro message

3. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

4. Disabled / Enabled Macro

5. Excel 2000 enable/disable macros

6. How to turn off Enable/Disable Macro Prompt...

7. Macros are disabled and can't re-enable

8. Enable/Disable Macros in VB

9. How can i suppress Enable/Disable Macros in program using VB

10. 'Enable / Disable' macro message

11. Annoying security Macros Enable/Disable when starting Outlook

12. OUTLVBA.DLL Contains Macros - Enable/Disable