Help needed w/Word and Access automation
Author Message
 Help needed w/Word and Access automation

I have reviewed the KB article Q159328 that discusses using Word to
run an Access97 merge. This is fairly straightforward. However, what I
need to do is use this process, or an appropriate alternative, to have
the actual Access97 merge file use different Word templates for
different records within the same merge file.

One example might be that if I have ten merge records, I would like to
be able to have all odd numbered records use one Word letter template
and the even numbers use a different template. Optimally, I would like
to imbed a field within each record that would open the appropriate
Word letter template for each record and the result would be a large
multi-page document with each unique letter.

Does anyone know how to do this (coding examples would be helpful), is
there a third party solution, or can you point me to another
appropriate source.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

T.C.

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:57:37 GMT
 Help needed w/Word and Access automation
Hi Tony,

Take a look at fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at"

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> I have reviewed the KB article Q159328 that discusses using Word to
> run an Access97 merge. This is fairly straightforward. However, what I
> need to do is use this process, or an appropriate alternative, to have
> the actual Access97 merge file use different Word templates for
> different records within the same merge file.

> One example might be that if I have ten merge records, I would like to
> be able to have all odd numbered records use one Word letter template
> and the even numbers use a different template. Optimally, I would like
> to imbed a field within each record that would open the appropriate
> Word letter template for each record and the result would be a large
> multi-page document with each unique letter.

> Does anyone know how to do this (coding examples would be helpful), is
> there a third party solution, or can you point me to another
> appropriate source.

> Any and all help is greatly appreciated

> T.C.

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:32:36 GMT

1. Word/Access mail merge automation help needed

2. Access 97 to Word 8.0 Automation Help Needed

3. Need Help to Automation word through OLE.

4. Need Help with Word Automation

5. Need help with OLE Automation and Access from VBA

6. Assistance needed! automation to set options in Word

7. Word automation needs admin

8. Automation w/WORD 97 - Simple example needed

9. Help Needed - Passing Value from Access 97 to Word 97 Macro

10. need help in access and word

11. Need HELP Importing Access List Box data to Word document

12. Need help to access word