Transfer data to txt
Author Message
 Transfer data to txt

I currently export 4 files a day as text files through a macro.  The
files always go to the same location but always need to be named
different. Is there a way to activate a message box that would ask you
what you would like to name the file, instead of overriding the
previous? Also can this be done in either VBA or macros?

Thank you

WDL

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:17:28 GMT
 Transfer data to txt
It is only possible in VBA, there you have to use Docmd to accomplish
this : for example :

    docmd.TransferText acExportDelim,specification name, table name,
            Your_filename, has field names Y/N

acExportDelim or other from the list (eg VBA)

specification name : the way you want to export the table/query (eg
macro transfer text in macros)

table name : the table or query you want to export

Your filename :  there you can give a filename (with for example a
message box)

Has field names : with or without fieldnames

See also help for VBA in Access (search for transfertext...)

Wim

Quote:
> I currently export 4 files a day as text files through a macro.  The
> files always go to the same location but always need to be named
> different. Is there a way to activate a message box that would ask you
> what you would like to name the file, instead of overriding the
> previous? Also can this be done in either VBA or macros?

> Thank you

> WDL

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:41:07 GMT

1. transfer data access - txt

2. Monitoring Data Transfer of Internet Transfer Contol

3. transfer .txt to my existing table in Ms Access

4. Txt Transfer Question--Sorry. New to the group

5. Txt Transfer Question--New to the group. (Sorry)

6. Data Conversion - Data.txt (0/1)

7. txt to txt

8. Read data from .TXT file

9. Module samples for data manipulation and extraction from txt field

10. capture LPT1 data into ASCII txt file

11. Exporting Data to *.txt file

12. Getting data from a .txt file...