Global MenuBar causes illegal operation in Runtime
Author Message
 Global MenuBar causes illegal operation in Runtime

We've been chasing down a bug for months in our runtime 2.0 app.  It occured
intermittently when closing the application.  The error was an MSARN200
caused illegal operation (invalid page fault in user.exe).  I was finally
able to isolate the function that was causing the error and create a test
where we could get a reproducible error.  This error was caused when closing
the app after setting a global menu bar in the autoexec.

    Application.Menubar = "Custom Menu Bar"

This was the only line of code in the function.

To try to fix the problem, on the close event of the main form I reset the
global menu bar:

   Application.Menubar = ""

This did fix the problem.  Is this a bug in runtime Access 2.0?  I couldn't
find any documentation about this in MS technical articles.  Does anyone
know anything about this?  Was I missing something in setting the global
menubar?

Thanks,
Kathryn Townsend

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OrganizerCopy Method causing illegal operation stop

2. VBModal causes illegal operation

3. VB4 Problem: Tools | References... causes Illegal Operation exit

4. Deleteing group causes illegal operation

5. Help!! DdeConnect causing Illegal Operation using NetDDE

6. Invoking custom menubar operation from keyboard

7. Help with Puzzling MenuBar operation

8. Excel Automation (illegal operation)

9. Illegal Operation

10. Illegal Operation - Access Will Shut Down (why?)

11. illegal Operation reading txt file str ?

12. Illegal operation after running Excel macro