Word Automation Hangs
Author Message
 Word Automation Hangs

I have a procedure in Access that opens Word and does a mailmerge. After all
records have been merged and printed it needs to go on to the next
recordset, to again do a mail merge and print.  I am using background
printing and have a statement to wait (loop...DoEvents) for background
printing to complete before going on the next recordset. Not really needed
but I wont to make sure the letters get printed prior to closing the Word
session. The problem is that first set of merged records does not print
immediately. It hangs...If I click on the printer icon in the task bar this
forces the documents to print and the procedure completes. If I do nothing
the procedure will take an unnecessarily long time to print.

Has anyone ran into this problem and or have a fix.

Thanks Marvel

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation seems to hang with Access 97 / Word 97

2. Word hangs after Automation from VB

3. word vba hanging when passing from browser to word

4. Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs

5. Word Automation Failure when other word documents are open

6. OLE Automation Error Experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

7. OLE Automation Error Experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

8. OLE Automation Error experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

9. Word hanging up

10. On XP workstations, my access app get hung up using shell cmd to swap to Word

11. Word 2000 with template attached hangs on exit

12. Application.FileSearch Hangs Word 2k