My pet Access peeve
Author Message
 My pet Access peeve

Folks

My pet Access peeve has been the short query and other names allowed
in the wizard combo boxes.

I use query and form and report names which stretch out the full 50
characters.  I want wizards that are capable of handling them that
wide.

This has been a problem since Access 2.0 when I really started using
it.

This is something simple and easy to fix.  Likely take a programmer
about an hour if they knew the wizard forms.

Why, oh why is this still foisted upon us in Access 97?

Note.  I've cross posted this to the
microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba newsgroup because I couldn't see
any other better place to put this message.  Also Microsoft, in their
supreme, shortsighted and rather stupid, IMNSHO, decided to remove the
...access.mics newsgroup.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 My pet Access peeve
Similar problem with too little space in the Linked Table Manager, too.

Quote:
>Folks

>My pet Access peeve has been the short query and other names allowed
>in the wizard combo boxes.

>I use query and form and report names which stretch out the full 50
>characters.  I want wizards that are capable of handling them that
>wide.

>This has been a problem since Access 2.0 when I really started using
>it.

>This is something simple and easy to fix.  Likely take a programmer
>about an hour if they knew the wizard forms.

>Why, oh why is this still foisted upon us in Access 97?

>Note.  I've cross posted this to the
>microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba newsgroup because I couldn't see
>any other better place to put this message.  Also Microsoft, in their
>supreme, shortsighted and rather stupid, IMNSHO, decided to remove the
>...access.mics newsgroup.

>Tony
>----
>Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
>Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
>The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be
receiving
>their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
>Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 My pet Access peeve
Mine is the linking of multiple fields in tables in queries.  If you
change the type of link from standard to inner join or vice versa you
need to change each one individually.  Changing one should change them
all as they can't be mixed.

Regards

Peter

Quote:

> Similar problem with too little space in the Linked Table Manager, too.

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 My pet Access peeve
YEAH!!!  I HATE that!

Cheers,

Stephanie Davis
Saber Data Systems

Quote:
> Mine is the linking of multiple fields in tables in queries.  If you
> change the type of link from standard to inner join or vice versa you
> need to change each one individually.  Changing one should change them
> all as they can't be mixed.

> Regards

> Peter

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. pet peeve

2. Peeve: Sloppy posting.

3. Word 2000 Macros -- Stupid Pet Tricks?

4. To the terrorists attacking rec.pets.cats.misc

5. REPOST: Please desist trolling rec.pets.cats.misc

6. Reading sectionheaders in INI files + PET HATE

7. Will kill me pet dingo for help with this!

8. Accessing owner of distribution lists and access rights of public folders in Access 97

9. convert Access 2 in Access 95 and Access 97

10. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

11. Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher

12. Distributing an Access Applications to individuals without Access