How to open an Outlook message file to copy the text content to excel
Author Message
 How to open an Outlook message file to copy the text content to excel

I want to write a VBA script with which I can import the text content
of some outlook messages to excel. Sth like:

      FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename( *** )  'get fileName of
a message

      If vbCancel = True Then
        Exit Sub
      End If

      If sFile <> False Then

        -> MyMessage = OpenMessage ( FileName )
        -> MyMessage.content.copy

        ActiveWorkbook.Range("A2").Select
        ActiveSheet.Paste
      End IF

I am a newbie of VBA. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:40:53 GMT
 How to open an Outlook message file to copy the text content to excel
A message that the user has saved to a file or a message that the user sees
in Outlook? If the latter, you'll have to give us some specifics, like what
message you want to open. It is not possible to open a message just based on
its subject line because there could be more than one message with that
subject.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
 Author of

> I want to write a VBA script with which I can import the text content
> of some outlook messages to excel. Sth like:

>       FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename( *** )  'get fileName of
> a message

>       If vbCancel = True Then
>         Exit Sub
>       End If

>       If sFile <> False Then

>         -> MyMessage = OpenMessage ( FileName )
>         -> MyMessage.content.copy

>         ActiveWorkbook.Range("A2").Select
>         ActiveSheet.Paste
>       End IF

> I am a newbie of VBA. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:58:24 GMT

1. Copy content of Text file

2. Copy text file contents to database table?

3. VB .NET copying text file contents to array

4. Copying Text File Contents

5. Copy text file contents to database table?

6. FILE COPY AN OPEN DATABASE WITH ERROR MESSAGES?

7. open a message file *.msg in outlook 2000 using vba

8. Word 2K Opening Files and Copying Info to Excel

9. Open an Excel file from a Custom Outlook Form

10. Open Excel file from Outlook folder?

11. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

12. Outlook VBA - open Excel, read in two fields, send email with these, close excel