Here's an interesting problem for you...
Author Message
 Here's an interesting problem for you...

I am running an app written in ada95 from Access.  It works fine from the
command line, but just dies when run in access using the following command.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shell "cmd /C " & Chr(34) & filepath & "convert.exe " & filepath & "p.txt "
& filepath & "converted.txt" & Chr(34), vbNormalFocus

TIA
Iain

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:10:46 GMT
 Here's an interesting problem for you...
Define "just dies".

 -- Dev

Quote:

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:10:56 GMT
 Here's an interesting problem for you...
It's OK thanks, I figured it in the end...

The filepath I was passing it on the command line had a space in it, and so
was being interpreted as 2 different command line arguments.  So when the
app "died", what it was really doing was raising a "file not found"
exception as soon as it opened.  If only everything was so straightforward
;-)

Quote:
> Define "just dies".

>  -- Dev

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:17:14 GMT

1. Have a challenging problem if you're interested

2. I'm interested in free/shareware QuickBasic subroutines(A. Kponou)

3. Here's an interesting question for you!

4. Here's an interesting one....

5. Found another Visual Basic for Sale if anyone's Interested

6. Here's an interesting question for you!

7. Here's info/sites on WebBrowser control for those interested

8. Here's info/sites on WebBrowser control for those interested

9. Here's info/sites on WebBrowser control for those interested

10. Interesting problem with Printer and Access

11. Interesting Problem with Requerying a form (me.requery)

12. An Interesting Problem