Hidden character for password text box
Author Message
 Hidden character for password text box

Hi to all

I need to do a textbox to get a password
So how can I hide the characters written by the user: I mean '*******'   ?
Is there a sub or function in VB/VBa that can do that ?

Any help would be appreciated

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden character for password text box

Check out the 'PasswordChar' property of the textBox control.

--
Pugwash  ICQ 47369465

http://www.pugwash69.freeserve.co.uk

Quote:
> Hi to all

> I need to do a textbox to get a password
> So how can I hide the characters written by the user: I mean '*******'   ?
> Is there a sub or function in VB/VBa that can do that ?

> Any help would be appreciated

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden character for password text box

Have a look at the text box's PasswordChar property.
HTH, Nikolaus

Quote:
> Hi to all

> I need to do a textbox to get a password
> So how can I hide the characters written by the user: I mean '*******'   ?
> Is there a sub or function in VB/VBa that can do that ?

> Any help would be appreciated

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden character for password text box

If you're using VB6, set the PasswordChar property of the textbox to *.

HTH
Lin
--
Please reply to newsgroups only :-)

Quote:
> Hi to all

> I need to do a textbox to get a password
> So how can I hide the characters written by the user: I mean '*******'   ?
> Is there a sub or function in VB/VBa that can do that ?

> Any help would be appreciated

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden character for password text box

Create a userform, insert a text box and look at the PasswordChar property.
Change it to "*"

Quote:
> Hi to all

> I need to do a textbox to get a password
> So how can I hide the characters written by the user: I mean '*******'   ?
> Is there a sub or function in VB/VBa that can do that ?

> Any help would be appreciated

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden character for password text box

Quote:
> If you're using VB6, set the PasswordChar property of the textbox to *.

PasswordChar has been around since at least VB3.

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to hide linefeed, and carriage return characters in text boxes

2. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

3. Combo Box and hidden text boxes upon choice

4. Combo Box and hidden text boxes upon choice

5. Hidden Text in Rich Text Box

6. Hide Password Text

7. Line break character for text box

8. Characters in text boxes

9. Userform Text Box limited to 256 characters

10. Character Position in Text Box

11. I need to grab the last 6 Characters in a text box

12. Fixed character length in a Text Box.