Converting text before placing in document (from form field)
Author Message
 Converting text before placing in document (from form field)

Yes there is. You need to write code that makes use of the Instr function
and the Mid statement. Both these keywords are fully described in the Word
VBA help. If you get stuck, post the relevant bit of your code so far.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Quote:
> Does any have any idea how I can search a string of text
> (possibly as much as a couple of paragraphs) and replace a
> character with a different character prior to placing it
> (the string) into a document?  The text comes to me in the
> form of a text string from a VBA form.

> It is very important that I be able to perform this
> character replacement prior to placing in a document.

> I'm guessing there is a VB function to go through a string
> and replace a certain character...

> Thanks very much
> Bill Blue (aka Supertitleman)

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:55:00 GMT
 Converting text before placing in document (from form field)
If you work with Word2000 or above, also look at the Replace function.

This site has great code for "Replace" and other new string functions
(Split/Join/Filter) in Word97:
http://www.xbeat.net/vbspeed/,

Greetings, Klaus

Quote:
> Yes there is. You need to write code that makes use of the Instr
function
> and the Mid statement. Both these keywords are fully described in
the Word
> VBA help. If you get stuck, post the relevant bit of your code so
far.

> --
> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
> by email

> > Does any have any idea how I can search a string of text
> > (possibly as much as a couple of paragraphs) and replace a
> > character with a different character prior to placing it
> > (the string) into a document?  The text comes to me in the
> > form of a text string from a VBA form.

> > It is very important that I be able to perform this
> > character replacement prior to placing in a document.

> > I'm guessing there is a VB function to go through a string
> > and replace a certain character...

> > Thanks very much
> > Bill Blue (aka Supertitleman)

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:26:34 GMT

1. Place text from form into document

2. Problem when unprotecting a document with form field text fields

3. Entering text in form field of locked document pushes text on same line

4. howto place the focus on first text field of form

5. Placing cursor in a text field on a form

6. Need help w/Protected document with form text fields and check boxes

7. getting text from form field into another document

8. Repost: Stop up\down cursor keys moving between (text) form fields in a protected document

9. Please help!!Convert text field to date field(newbie)

10. Place text at Footer of Word Document

11. Convert number field to text field.

12. convert text field to numeric field being used in Selection Formula