Black blob in radio button 
Author Message
 Black blob in radio button

I've created a simple dialog box with two radio buttons +
OK and Cancel. Whichever one is chosen sets off a
procedure.

The user can select the radio button using the mouse, but
how do I get the black blob to move using the tab and/or
the accelerator key? I've set up the tab order, but when
tab is pressed, a faint box indicates the tab is moving
round the form, but nothing is actually selected. When the
accelerator key is pressed, nothing at all happens. I've
looked in quite a few help areas, but I can't find this
out.

Thanks,

Siobhan



Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:47:30 GMT  
 Black blob in radio button
Hi Siobhan,

Try using the arrow directional keys instead.

HTH


Quote:
> I've created a simple dialog box with two radio buttons +
> OK and Cancel. Whichever one is chosen sets off a
> procedure.

> The user can select the radio button using the mouse, but
> how do I get the black blob to move using the tab and/or
> the accelerator key? I've set up the tab order, but when
> tab is pressed, a faint box indicates the tab is moving
> round the form, but nothing is actually selected. When the
> accelerator key is pressed, nothing at all happens. I've
> looked in quite a few help areas, but I can't find this
> out.

> Thanks,

> Siobhan



Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:26:36 GMT  
 Black blob in radio button
Hello Dave,

That doesn't work - it does the same thing as the TAB key -
 the radio button itself is not selected and so the wrong
procedure starts. Isn't there a way of getting the TAB key
and accelerator keys to set a focus like in normal dialog
boxes so that the black blob appears in the correct radio
button and pressing OK will set that procedure off?

Thanks

Siobhan

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Siobhan,

>Try using the arrow directional keys instead.

>HTH



>> I've created a simple dialog box with two radio buttons
+
>> OK and Cancel. Whichever one is chosen sets off a
>> procedure.

>> The user can select the radio button using the mouse,
but
>> how do I get the black blob to move using the tab and/or
>> the accelerator key? I've set up the tab order, but when
>> tab is pressed, a faint box indicates the tab is moving
>> round the form, but nothing is actually selected. When
the
>> accelerator key is pressed, nothing at all happens. I've
>> looked in quite a few help areas, but I can't find this
>> out.

>> Thanks,

>> Siobhan

>.



Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:34:24 GMT  
 Black blob in radio button
Hi Siobhan,

Using Word 2000, I can select a radio button using the arrow keys and the
SPACEBAR or by using acceleator keys.


Quote:
> Hello Dave,

> That doesn't work - it does the same thing as the TAB key -
>  the radio button itself is not selected and so the wrong
> procedure starts. Isn't there a way of getting the TAB key
> and accelerator keys to set a focus like in normal dialog
> boxes so that the black blob appears in the correct radio
> button and pressing OK will set that procedure off?

> Thanks

> Siobhan

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi Siobhan,

> >Try using the arrow directional keys instead.

> >HTH



> >> I've created a simple dialog box with two radio buttons
> +
> >> OK and Cancel. Whichever one is chosen sets off a
> >> procedure.

> >> The user can select the radio button using the mouse,
> but
> >> how do I get the black blob to move using the tab and/or
> >> the accelerator key? I've set up the tab order, but when
> >> tab is pressed, a faint box indicates the tab is moving
> >> round the form, but nothing is actually selected. When
> the
> >> accelerator key is pressed, nothing at all happens. I've
> >> looked in quite a few help areas, but I can't find this
> >> out.

> >> Thanks,

> >> Siobhan

> >.



Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:19:37 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Radio Buttons being Hidden on Black Screen

2. Disable button and change button value at radio

3. Why do Option Buttons of Word 2000 printed on PS printers have a black square

4. Why do Option Buttons of Word 2000 printed on PS printers have a black square

5. Buttons turn black

6. How can I set the focus to a button without getting a black outline

7. Some radio buttons become all black with XP Theme?!?

8. Option buttons become black - no text shown

9. VB6 option button has black backcolor when running with Office 2007

10. Black triangle on command button?

11. Problem with Excel 97 ActiveX radio buttons

12. Use of radio buttons in a WORD document

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software