Using the common dialog control
Author Message
 Using the common dialog control

Hi

I need to let the user choose a file.

I wanted to use the Common Dialog Control's ShowOpen.

However, when I add the 'Common Dialogs Control' to my project and I add to
a user form, it returns an unspecified error.

(Strange is: in VB this is called 'Microsoft Common Dialog Control')

Am I missing something? It is my first Word project, but I'm experienced in
VB programming. Perhaps I'm relating to much to VB?

--

Regards,
Sven Aelterman

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the common dialog control
Hi Sven,

I think there is a licensing glitch in that you need a copy of VB, or of
Office 2K Developer Edition, in order to be able to use the Common Dialogs
OCX in IDE mode.

Which dialog are you wanting to use? You may find that there is a better
(and free) alternative at the Common Controls Replacement Project. Go to
www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Quote:

>Hi

>I need to let the user choose a file.

>I wanted to use the Common Dialog Control's ShowOpen.

>However, when I add the 'Common Dialogs Control' to my project and I add to
>a user form, it returns an unspecified error.

>(Strange is: in VB this is called 'Microsoft Common Dialog Control')

>Am I missing something? It is my first Word project, but I'm experienced in
>VB programming. Perhaps I'm relating to much to VB?

>--

>Regards,
>Sven Aelterman

Sun, 17 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building a Browser using a common dialog control?

2. HELP! Printing using the common dialog control

3. Centering a Open Dialog box using the Common dialog

4. Using 32-bit Common Dialogs/Controls

5. Using Common Dialog Control in Access 2000

6. using Common Dialog Control

7. Using Common Dialog control, possible to select folders and their associated files

8. Using Common Dialog control within an ActiveX DLL

9. Using common dialog control

10. Distributing applications using common dialog activex control

11. Selecting a directory using Common Dialog control

12. Odd behaviour using Common Dialog Control