Open Proj 2002 Web Schedule - Using a Macro
Author Message
 Open Proj 2002 Web Schedule - Using a Macro

I'm working with a macro that begins by opening a project 2002 schedule.

I had previously created an ODBC data source for the project 2002 server db,
and I was able to open a web schedule using the "Fileopen
<DataSourceName>\Projectname" command.  Will I have to create the ODBC data
source on every computer that will run this macro, or is there some other
way to open a web schedule using a macro?

Sun, 15 May 2005 04:09:04 GMT
 Open Proj 2002 Web Schedule - Using a Macro
Hi,

If you have Project Professional talking to Project Server you shouldn't
need ODBC to open a project. Record a macro of you doing it manually to find
out how.

If you have Project Standard, then you do need a DSN. However, if you make
it a system DSN then I think all users can see it.

Again, record a macro of you opening the project manually to see the code
you need.

--

Visit www.mvps.org/project/ for the Project MVP's FAQ and third party
add-ons

Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP
Visit www.projectlearning.com for customized Project and Office VBA macros
and Project companion software

Quote:
> I'm working with a macro that begins by opening a project 2002 schedule.

> I had previously created an ODBC data source for the project 2002 server
db,
> and I was able to open a web schedule using the "Fileopen
> <DataSourceName>\Projectname" command.  Will I have to create the ODBC
data
> source on every computer that will run this macro, or is there some other
> way to open a web schedule using a macro?

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:02:28 GMT

1. Proj 2002, VB.Net

2. Searchable database on the web using Access 2002?

3. Programmatically accessing group schedules in OL 2002?

4. Scheduling in Project 2002

5. Querying Proj Srvr to return a Proj Center view-like recordset

6. Proj 98 VBA vs Proj 2000 VBA

7. How to update Web Form Controls using Timer and Schedule

8. writing Macros in Proj 2000

9. Outlook 2002/Macros/VB

10. Cannot use VBA macro's in Outlook 2002 (XP)

11. macro in excel 2000/2002 failed to run

12. Cannot use VBA macro's in Outlook 2002 (XP)