Multiple Index Seek (Acc97)
Author Message
 Multiple Index Seek (Acc97)

Hi , me again, another really quick question.....

Is there some way of getting Seek to look at more than one index.

I have a table, which contains a ID field, Branch Name field, and Date
field, used for collecting stats from our branches every week.

I want to be able to search this table for an ID where the Branch name
equaled "blah blah blah" and the date field equaled "blah blah"

So, it's easy to use seek on 1 index, but is it easy to seek on 2 indexes.

Andy.

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Index Seek (Acc97)

Quote:
>Is there some way of getting Seek to look at more than one index.

No. You can create an index consisting of the three fields though, and
seek on that.

Probably you'd be better off using a query though.

Quote:
>I want to be able to search this table for an ID where the Branch name
>equaled "blah blah blah" and the date field equaled "blah blah"

that's a good start for query <g>

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Seeking Multiple Records (Acc97)

2. Using SEEK wih multiple-field indexes

3. Seeking Once/Twice/ThreeTimes(Acc97)

4. Acc97 - Table Indexing

5. ACC97: Selecting multiple items in a combo box

6. Acc97 - Merging Multiple Records into a Single Record

7. using .index and .seek function

8. Problems with the methods Index and Seek

9. 2 questions: Code doesn't work when I split database and Seek/Index question

10. How to set controlling index before doing SEEK in Access Basic

11. sequential file, line indexing, seeking and readline

12. ADO Index property and Seek method