Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly
Author Message
 Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly

I am running WD2000 on my Win 2000 Pro machine.

In the footer i put this in

Page [page number] of [total # of pages].

On screen this turns out as...

Page 1 of 6

Page 2 of 6

Page 3 of 6

Page 4 of 6

Page 5 of 6

Page 6 of 6

but when I print the document, the document prints with
the following footers..

Page 1 of 1

Page 2 of 2

Page 3 of 3

Page 4 of 4

Page 5 of 5

Page 6 of 6

This happens for every single document I try to print from
my computer.  I tried printing the document I made on my
computer on another computer and the same effect
happened.  Although this computer prints other documents
(and theirfooters) fine (docs that weren't created on my
computer)

When I load documents that were created on another
computer and print fine from that computer and try and
print them from my computer the same things happens, Page
1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, etc..

What the heck is going on here?

.

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:35:29 GMT
 Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly
Hi Mr Spark,

Have you had a look at the article " "Page X of Y" displays or prints as
"Page 1 of 1," "Page 2 of 2" (or "Page 2 of 1") and so on" at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

HTH

Quote:
> I am running WD2000 on my Win 2000 Pro machine.

> In the footer i put this in

> Page [page number] of [total # of pages].

> On screen this turns out as...

> Page 1 of 6

> Page 2 of 6

> Page 3 of 6

> Page 4 of 6

> Page 5 of 6

> Page 6 of 6

> but when I print the document, the document prints with
> the following footers..

> Page 1 of 1

> Page 2 of 2

> Page 3 of 3

> Page 4 of 4

> Page 5 of 5

> Page 6 of 6

> This happens for every single document I try to print from
> my computer.  I tried printing the document I made on my
> computer on another computer and the same effect
> happened.  Although this computer prints other documents
> (and theirfooters) fine (docs that weren't created on my
> computer)

> When I load documents that were created on another
> computer and print fine from that computer and try and
> print them from my computer the same things happens, Page
> 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, etc..

> What the heck is going on here?

> .

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:11:14 GMT

1. Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer

2. Inserting page numbers in footer with word automation

3. Print report page footer last page only?

4. total number of pages in VBA word

5. First page prints only report header and page footer

6. Crystal - Displaying Total Number of Pages to be Printed

7. how to print total no pages in first page itself

8. Crystal - Displaying Total Number of Pages to be Printed

9. Page Footer on Page 1 Refers to Page 2

10. Page n of Total pages (or Max Pages function)

11. Running Total in Page Footer

12. Page Number of Displayed (not Selected) Page