Print Jobs Hang
Author Message
 Print Jobs Hang

I'm printing word documents with the following code and the print jobs seem
to hang (in the queue?).  I look at my printer status and it shows the job
with a status of "Paused - Spooling" and it remains like this indefinitely.
Anyone know what's going on here?  Thanks.

If frmClassesList.rbPrinter = True Then
        For Each doc In w.Documents
            doc.PrintOut
        Next
        w.Documents.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
        w.Quit wdDoNotSaveChanges
End If

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Print Jobs Hang

Hi Stephen,

Try it with backgound printing disabled ie:

doc.PrintOut BackGround:=False

--
Hope this helps.
ibby

Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that participants
may benefit or contribute.

Quote:
> I'm printing word documents with the following code and the print jobs
seem
> to hang (in the queue?).  I look at my printer status and it shows the job
> with a status of "Paused - Spooling" and it remains like this
indefinitely.
> Anyone know what's going on here?  Thanks.

> If frmClassesList.rbPrinter = True Then
>         For Each doc In w.Documents
>             doc.PrintOut
>         Next
>         w.Documents.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
>         w.Quit wdDoNotSaveChanges
> End If

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:05:39 GMT
 Print Jobs Hang
Yes!  Thanks very much.

Quote:
> Hi Stephen,

> Try it with backgound printing disabled ie:

> doc.PrintOut BackGround:=False

> --
> Hope this helps.
> ibby

> Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that
participants
> may benefit or contribute.

> > I'm printing word documents with the following code and the print jobs
> seem
> > to hang (in the queue?).  I look at my printer status and it shows the
job
> > with a status of "Paused - Spooling" and it remains like this
> indefinitely.
> > Anyone know what's going on here?  Thanks.

> > If frmClassesList.rbPrinter = True Then
> >         For Each doc In w.Documents
> >             doc.PrintOut
> >         Next
> >         w.Documents.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
> >         w.Quit wdDoNotSaveChanges
> > End If

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:17:48 GMT

1. Printing Queue: How many jobs and job names???

2. Combining multiple print jobs into one job/ActiveReports Problem

3. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS !!!!!!

4. job hangs when run from AT scheduler

5. Purge print jobs from the print queue

6. Purge print jobs from the print queue

7. Printing multiple reports as a single print job (or email)

8. Help! Remove Print Jobs in Print Queue

9. How do I Print a form 3 times as 1 Print Job of 3 pages, instead of 3 print jobs ?

10. Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs

11. WD97: Macro Hangs Printing to File

12. Printing RTFTextBox hangs Win95