dynamic OLE link updating?
Author Message
 dynamic OLE link updating?

Is it possible to dynamically update the link on a bound (or unbound,
preferably) object frame? I'd like to use the contents of the current field
to update the image in a report (multiple images per page, by the way).
Anything in the Developer's handbooks? Mine are out of reach for a couple of
weeks, but I'll by another set if it's in there (yes, I'm that desperate).

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:00:54 GMT
 dynamic OLE link updating?

Quote:

> Is it possible to dynamically update the link on a bound (or unbound,
> preferably) object frame? I'd like to use the contents of the current field
> to update the image in a report (multiple images per page, by the way).
> Anything in the Developer's handbooks? Mine are out of reach for a couple of
> weeks, but I'll by another set if it's in there (yes, I'm that desperate).

> Thanks in advance.

Stick an image control in whichever band of the report is appropriate.
Make sure everything will stretch to fit...
In the on print event of the band set the picture property to the
appropriate path.... on whatever criteria you mean by the "current
field".

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:43:03 GMT

1. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

2. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

3. Updating the OLE link reference

4. Linked OLE not updated, Why ?

5. Updates To A Linked OLE Object

6. updating ole links

7. Updating OLE Links in Word

8. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

9. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

10. Stop link update in linked source file

11. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

12. Dynamic Linking of Access Database