Query Object vs VBA Query
Author Message
 Query Object vs VBA Query

I am still bothered by the speed of my report...

The record source of this report is from a query which is constructed
from a series of other queries (There is no way to reduce the number of
queries in order to produce the ultimate result set for this report).
The process to obtain the final query takes a long time and I have
already checked on the possibilities to speed it up.  Now my question is
this:  is it better to create the recordset using code and then attach
it to the report as the record source?  Would this be faster than using
the query object?

The reason I ask this question is that I have no experience writing a
recordset for a report record source before.  So instead of doing it, I
am asking for some opinion.  If the code will improve the speed, I will
try to write the query for the record source.

I appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:21:57 GMT
 Query Object vs VBA Query
There is no way to create a recordset via code (i.e. opening it in memory)
and attaching it to a report.
--
Steve Arbaugh
ATTAC Consulting Group

> I am still bothered by the speed of my report...

> The record source of this report is from a query which is constructed
> from a series of other queries (There is no way to reduce the number of
> queries in order to produce the ultimate result set for this report).
> The process to obtain the final query takes a long time and I have
> already checked on the possibilities to speed it up.  Now my question is
> this:  is it better to create the recordset using code and then attach
> it to the report as the record source?  Would this be faster than using
> the query object?

> The reason I ask this question is that I have no experience writing a
> recordset for a report record source before.  So instead of doing it, I
> am asking for some opinion.  If the code will improve the speed, I will
> try to write the query for the record source.

> I appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:22:46 GMT

1. Make Table Query vs Append Query

2. VB Query vs SQL Query Analyzer Speed?

3. Queries VS VBA

4. VBA vs. Query

5. Precompiled VS VBA queries

6. speed of stored query vs. VBA procedure

7. querying a query(recordset object) [ADO]

8. querying a query(recordset object) [ADO]

9. how can I build 2 queries in 1 query(VB SQL query)

10. Selecting from a Parameterised query in a CreateQuerydef'd query

11. function used in query repeats for each query value

12. query of a query