sort in an outlook control view
Author Message
 sort in an outlook control view

hi,

it's possible to sort with a outlook control view, with a
macro and within the method "viewctl.sort()". Because i
want to sort the view with a macro DIRECTLY and without a
popup.

It's possible??

Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:23:33 GMT
 sort in an outlook control view
You'd need to use View.XML (Outlook 2002 only)

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:

> hi,

> it's possible to sort with a outlook control view, with a
> macro and within the method "viewctl.sort()". Because i
> want to sort the view with a macro DIRECTLY and without a
> popup.

> It's possible??

> Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:56:18 GMT
 sort in an outlook control view
Yes but How??? With what child
(example: "column"), "sort" ???
And with what property ???

Thanks

Quote:

Quote:
>> hi,

>> it's possible to sort with a outlook control view, with
>> macro and within the method "viewctl.sort()". Because i
>> want to sort the view with a macro DIRECTLY and without
>> popup.

>> It's possible??

>> Thanks.

>.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:16 GMT
 sort in an outlook control view
Check out the <orderby> node.

FYI, the easiest way to work with View.XML is to use the UI to create a view that looks like you want, then look at the XML. For example, this is the relevant section of View.XML for my Inbox, which is sorted by the Received date:

 <orderby>
  <order>
   <heading>Received</heading>
   <prop>urn:schemas:httpmail:datereceived</prop>
   <type>datetime</type>
   <sort>desc</sort>
  </order>
 </orderby>

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions
   at http://www.slipstick.com

Quote:

> Yes but How??? With what child
> (example: "column"), "sort" ???
> And with what property ???

> >> hi,

> >> it's possible to sort with a outlook control view, with
> >> macro and within the method "viewctl.sort()". Because i
> >> want to sort the view with a macro DIRECTLY and without
> >> popup.

> >> It's possible??

> >> Thanks.

> >.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:16:41 GMT
 sort in an outlook control view
Yes but How??? With what child
(example: "column"), "sort" ???
And with what property ???

Thanks

Quote:

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:19:34 GMT
 sort in an outlook control view

Quote:

It's OK. Thank you !!!

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:30:14 GMT

1. outlook view control and views/filters

2. Changing the calendar view in a Outlook view control

3. Change view in Outlook View Control (OVC)

4. Outlook View Control disappears after viewing item

5. Outlook View Control in Outlook 2002

6. Outlook Object and/or Outlook View Control

7. Outlook View Control & Outlook XP

8. Outlook Object Model in Access + Outlook View Control

9. Outlook Object and/or Outlook View Control

10. Sorting a listview control in details view

11. Help:list view control sorting

12. Sorting List View Control on date field??