Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002
Author Message
 Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002

Is there a quick fix for updating an application that I wrote for Access
2000 using DAO to run under Access 2002...

For instance can I just load a library with all of the DAO code or is there
a converter of sorts - DAO to ADO?

Help

Thanks

A Dobisky

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 04:56:06 GMT
 Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002

Quote:
> Is there a quick fix for updating an application that I wrote for
Access
> 2000 using DAO to run under Access 2002...

> For instance can I just load a library with all of the DAO code or
is there
> a converter of sorts - DAO to ADO?

> Help

> Thanks

> A Dobisky

There's no problem using DAO with Access 2002, you just have to make
sure you have a reference set to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
(and make sure this reference isn't broken).  If it ran under Access
2000, you must have had such a reference set, so I guess the reference
is just broken.  Follow Doug Steele's instructions for fixing broken
references, as posted (with much explanatory detail) at

http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html

Also, make sure you either remove the default reference to the ADO
library, or else be sure to declare all objects from the DAO library
with an explicit library reference;  e.g.,

    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim fld As DAO.Field
    Dim prp As DAO.Property

and so on.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:59:56 GMT

1. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

2. Access 2000 VBA code not working Access 2002

3. ACCESS 2000 TO ACCESS 2002

4. Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File

5. Access 2000 vs. Access 2002 (XP)

6. Program from access 97 won't work in access 2000

7. Word 2002 Template won't open in Word 2000

8. pocketpc sdk 2002 can't work with win 2000 server

9. HELP NEEDED: Access 95 DAO Error - Won't Start, Access Quits

10. CreateDatabase() and Access 2002/2000 formats

11. Can't use DAO code in ACCESS 2000

12. Access 2000/2002: print to lpt