carriage return in a report textbox
Author Message
 carriage return in a report textbox

Hi all.......I have a report with a field that can conatin one or more
sentences.  Is there a way to enter a carriage return after the period and
have the textbox size accordingly?  I entered a chr(13) in the code but it
just shows up as a box on the report.  Any thoughts would be great.

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:12:38 GMT
 carriage return in a report textbox
A new line is indicated by a combination of two characters:  Chr(13) &
Chr(10).  You need them both.

--
Dirk Goldgar
www.datagnostics.com

(to reply via e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Quote:
> Hi all.......I have a report with a field that can conatin one or more
> sentences.  Is there a way to enter a carriage return after the period and
> have the textbox size accordingly?  I entered a chr(13) in the code but it
> just shows up as a box on the report.  Any thoughts would be great.

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:02:24 GMT

1. Carriage Returns in multiline textbox (VB5)

2. Sending a carriage return to a textbox?

3. executing carriage return in multi-line textbox in VB4

4. Carriage Returns in TextBox

5. carriage return/line feed in textbox - help

6. carriage return/line feed in textbox - help

7. Carriage returns in TextBoxes

8. HELP! TextBox, SelStart, and Carriage Returns

9. HELP: textbox beep on carriage return

10. textbox and carriage return

11. Multiline textbox remove trailing carriage returns

12. carriage return in Crystal Reports formula