Freeze the screen
Author Message
 Freeze the screen

Hi all,

is there a way to freeze the screen when a macro is running in FrontPage.
In XL, you can use Application.ScreenUpdating = False

It would be very nice in FP, because switching between the different views during macro execution
happens a lot in my macro's.

Regards,
Frederik

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:00:15 GMT
 Freeze the screen
Define different views? If you're speaking to different pages open them in a
windowless object. Note the restrictions on doing so in the help.

--

Mike - MS FrontPage MVP
================================

Quote:
> Hi all,

> is there a way to freeze the screen when a macro is running in FrontPage.
> In XL, you can use Application.ScreenUpdating = False

> It would be very nice in FP, because switching between the different views

during macro execution
Quote:
> happens a lot in my macro's.

> Regards,
> Frederik

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:54:50 GMT
 Freeze the screen

Quote:
> Define different views? If you're speaking to different pages open them in a
> windowless object. Note the restrictions on doing so in the help.

Hi Mike,

With "different views" I mean setting  the FpPageViewMode of the active page window (PageWindowEx
object).
But I think I found a work around. I'm now using an API call to do the job (LockWindowUpdate
function). The only thing that troubled me doing so was finding the text in the titlebar of the
frontpage application needed to retrieve a handle on the frontpage application window. But after
some tesing I found that Application.ActiveWebWindow.Caption was giving me that.

Regards,
Frederik

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:49:44 GMT
 Freeze the screen
Frederik,  (ik veronderstel dat je nederlandstalig bent...)

in Excel gebruik ik weleens het volgende :
Application.Interactive = False

Misschien werkt dit in FP ook wel

Groeten,
Bruno