Could not open macro storage error: 5891
Author Message
 Could not open macro storage error: 5891

Hello

I am invoking Word from a Visual Basic 6 application.

I use eg

set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

if the above line fails then goes to this line:

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Set objWordDoc = objWord.ocuments.Add(Template:=<whateverpathtotemplate>,
NewTemplate:=False)

Looks like it is failing when it attempts to do this last line.

Anyone any ideas how to resolve this problem?

err.Number:  5891
err.description:  could not open macro storage

Angus Comber

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:42:07 GMT
 Could not open macro storage error: 5891
Angus

Quote:
> Set objWordDoc = objWord.ocuments.Add(Template:=<whateverpathtotemplate>,
> NewTemplate:=False)

It isn't as easy as merely a missing "D" in Documents above?

--
/Anna Bohman
Bra Utbildning AB, Sweden

http://www.buab.se

> Hello

> I am invoking Word from a Visual Basic 6 application.

> I use eg

> set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

> if the above line fails then goes to this line:

> Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

> Set objWordDoc = objWord.ocuments.Add(Template:=<whateverpathtotemplate>,
> NewTemplate:=False)

> Looks like it is failing when it attempts to do this last line.

> Anyone any ideas how to resolve this problem?

> err.Number:  5891
> err.description:  could not open macro storage

> Angus Comber

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:12:41 GMT

1. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

2. 5981 could not open macro storage error

3. error - Could not open macro storage

4. Could not open macro storage error.

5. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage

6. error 5981 - could not open macro storage

7. could not open macro storage

8. Could Not Open Macro Storage

9. Could not open macro storage

10. Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!

11. COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

12. Could Not Open Macro Storage