Fill in the postal, and out comes the town
Author Message
 Fill in the postal, and out comes the town

Hello.

I am doing a Access 97 Database.
And i wondrd, if i have the postal number,
and write it in a form , is it possible to have a field "town"
who pops up when i write the postal.

Agian. I wirte in the postal, and the town comes up.

Please Help me.

Eystein Aase

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fill in the postal, and out comes the town
There are several problems to solve with this approach.
First, there is generally not a one-to-one correspondence
between Town and PostalCode. Second, there are too many
places to use a normal combo box efficiently.

Assuming you can download a copy of the Canadian postal
codes from somewhere, you can see one approach to this
question in article:
        Combos with Tens of Thousands of Records. Postcodes example.
at:
        http://odyssey.apana.org.au/~abrowne/ser-32.html

Quote:

> Hello.

> I am doing a Access 97 Database.
> And i wondrd, if i have the postal number,
> and write it in a form , is it possible to have a field "town"
> who pops up when i write the postal.

> Agian. I wirte in the postal, and the town comes up.

> Please Help me.

> Eystein Aase

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fill in the postal, and out comes the town
yes that should be fine, but i would not use a combo box or list box to
display choices. just give user a text box to type into.

--
make a nice day,
TomG

Quote:
> Hello.

> I am doing a Access 97 Database.
> And i wondrd, if i have the postal number,
> and write it in a form , is it possible to have a field "town"
> who pops up when i write the postal.

> Agian. I wirte in the postal, and the town comes up.

> Please Help me.

> Eystein Aase

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fill in the postal, and out comes the town
Check this, it can help you
http://home.att.net/~dashish/forms/frm0009.htm
David

Eystein Aase a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>Hello.

>I am doing a Access 97 Database.
>And i wondrd, if i have the postal number,
>and write it in a form , is it possible to have a field "town"
>who pops up when i write the postal.

>Agian. I wirte in the postal, and the town comes up.

>Please Help me.

>Eystein Aase

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. university EMR send outs

2. on the outs

3. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

4. How to handle print outs in VB?

5. Filesystem Time outs

6. Session Variable Time-outs

7. Time-outs

8. Need help with time outs

9. HELP PLEASE: VB 3.0 users in Cape Town RSA

10. Oh Little Town of DEATHlehem!

11. Cape Town SA VB programmers

12. need a list of cities and towns in America