Test your knowledge of Access at new site!
Author Message
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!

Dear Access Developer,

We are currently beta testing our web-based 'MS Access 8.0' knowledge
test.  The format is multiple choice.  To take the test, simply go to
www.tekmetrics.com and select the link, "Beta Testers", along the bottom
left side of the page.  The rest should be self-explanatory.  Before
taking the test, check out the 'top ten' list to see the best scores to
date!

Upon completion of the test, you will be scored 1-5 (1-Novice,
2-Beginner, 3-Intermediate, 4-Advanced and 5-Master) and be provided the
percentile that you fell into, based on the others who took the test.
The test is actually comprised of two tests of 16 questions each (that's
two chances to make the top ten!).  Any feedback you can provide us on
the quality of the questions and the test itself would be greatly
appreciated.  You will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on
each question as it is administered as well as at the end of the test.

The test is delivered in our production environment, so things might
seem a little 'strange' prior to taking the test.  However, any
information you provide will be kept anonymous
(unless you make the top ten - we figured the bragging rights would make
it worth it!).

If you have any problems getting to the site, or have any questions in
general, please feel free to contact me.  We hope that you enjoy the
test and look forward to your feedback!

Also, feel free to try out any of the other beta tests while you're
there.  Thanks in advance for your help and good luck!

Mike

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!

Quote:

> To take the test, simply go to
>www.tekmetrics.com and select the link, "Beta Testers", along the bottom
>left side of the page.

No such link.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!
But it (www.tekmetrics.com ) worked fine for me...

Shamil

--
Shamil Salakhetdinov
DARTS Ltd., St.Petersburg, Russia

Quote:

>> To take the test, simply go to
>>www.tekmetrics.com and select the link, "Beta Testers", along the bottom
>>left side of the page.

>No such link.

>Tony
>----
>Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
>Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
>The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be
receiving
>their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
>Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!
Trolling for recruits!
Quote:

> > To take the test, simply go to
> >www.tekmetrics.com and select the link, "Beta Testers", along the bottom
> >left side of the page.

> No such link.

> Tony
> ----
> Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
> Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
> The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
> their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
> Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!

Quote:

>But it (www.tekmetrics.com ) worked fine for me...

I was able to get in just fine later.  I did notice that the site
seemed kinda slow at times when I took the test so I suspect that I
didn't notice that the page was still downloading.

BTW congratulations.  I see you're number three on the list.  And I'm
in peril of being dropped off the list.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Test your knowledge of Access at new site!
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:10:50 -0500, Michael Littman

Quote:

>If you have any problems getting to the site, or have any questions in
>general, please feel free to contact me.  We hope that you enjoy the
>test and look forward to your feedback!

width=85><table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=84 border=0>

face="arial,helvetica" color=#FFFFFF>Class

If this code is meant to display some kind of Class Diagram, then it's
clearly using the little-implemented Internet Telepathic Protocol.

This site switches randomly between badly-written j-script to frankly
illegal html, and back again. I think it would help if the preamble
did lay out what system requirements were needed before taking the
test. Since it's clearly not standards based, you could save lots of
users with generic browsers a lot of time.

I never got as far as a centile table: but at a guess, I'd put this
down on 0.4th...

best wishes

Tim F

--

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Site : VB Support Site needs Testing

2. Test your VB knowledge at new website!

3. TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

4. Last chance to test your VB 5.0 knowledge at new site!

5. Test your knowledge...

6. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

7. New article posted on the Access Developer web site

8. New Knowledge Base 3-1-96 for VB4 and VB3

9. How to use new knowledge base?

10. New site,New update

11. New site / new game !!!