Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!
Author Message
 Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!

Uh-Oh!!!  The database I've been working on for two weeks
has just crashed!!!  When I try to open it, it can't find
the form name it is supposed to load, and when I try to
open it in Design mode, it just blinks at me a couple
times.  When I tried importing a form from the database
into a NEW database, I got a "Automation Error
Catastrophic Failure" error!!!  EEEKS!!!

Now of course, I DO have a backup from earlier today, but
still, I don't want to lose a whole days work again if I
don't have to...does anyone know what might have
happened?  I just had it running 10 minutes before!

Regards,

Dave Reed

Tue, 18 May 2004 05:35:23 GMT
 Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!
Also, when I tried to right-click on a form name to Export
it, I was given the following error:

"The Command or Action 'SaveAs' isn't available now.  *You
may be in a read-only database or an uncoverted database
from an earlier version of PPAP Module (the name of the
database).  *The type of object the action applies to
isn't currently selected or isn't in the active view.  Use
only those command and macro actions that are currently
available for this database."

I also notice that my "Cut", "Copy", "Delete" and "Rename"
options aren't available on the menu when I right-click on
the form names.

Quote:

Tue, 18 May 2004 05:55:48 GMT

1. Automation Error Catastrophic Failure saving form

2. system error - catastrophic failure

3. Getting a "Catastrophic Failure" error

4. Catastrophic Failure (?)

5. "Bad Security Attribute": Catastrophic Failure

6. Catastrophic failure

7. IIS Catastrophic failure

8. Catastrophic Failure

9. Catastrophic Failure!

10. Catastrophic failure

11. Catastrophic failure

12. adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure