Having trouble with the TransferDatabase method
Author Message
 Having trouble with the TransferDatabase method

Hello all,

I am in need of assistance with the TransferDatabase method. I am attempting
to export a table called myTable to a .dbf file called myExport. The .dbf
doesn't exist yet, but as far as I understand, it will be created if it
doesn't exist. Here is my code:

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "FoxPro 3.0", _
     "c:\myExport.dbf", acTable, "myTable"

When I run this code, I get the following error:

Run-time error '3044'
'C:\myExport.dbf' isn't a valid path. Make sure that the path name is
spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file
resides.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Access97, I installed all the drivers
I could, and I also installed the Data Access Pack from the \valupack folder
on the Office97 CD. I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Bob

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Having trouble with the TransferDatabase method
Hi,

Well, even if I create it first, I get the error message:

Run-time error '3044'
'C:\myExport.dbf' isn't a valid path. Make sure that the path name is
spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the
file resides.

I'm stumped. Anyone?

- Bob

Quote:
> I'm pretty sure that the database must exist before exporting an object to
> it. Try creating the myExport database and then attempt the export.

> > Hello all,

> > I am in need of assistance with the TransferDatabase method. I am
> attempting
> > to export a table called myTable to a .dbf file called myExport. The
.dbf
> > doesn't exist yet, but as far as I understand, it will be created if it
> > doesn't exist. Here is my code:

> > DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "FoxPro 3.0", _
> >      "c:\myExport.dbf", acTable, "myTable"

> > When I run this code, I get the following error:

> > Run-time error '3044'
> > 'C:\myExport.dbf' isn't a valid path. Make sure that the path name is
> > spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the
> file
> > resides.

> > Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Access97, I installed all the
> drivers
> > I could, and I also installed the Data Access Pack from the \valupack
> folder
> > on the Office97 CD. I'm stumped.

> > Thanks,

> > Bob

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Having trouble with the TransferDatabase method
this should work: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "FoxPro 3.0", "C:\",
acTable, "table to export", "myexport.dbf"

Access Help states: For types of databases that use separate files for each
table, such as FoxPro, Paradox, and dBASE, enter the directory containing the
file. Enter the file name in the Source argument (to import or link) or the
Destination argument (to export).

Quote:
> Hi,

> Well, even if I create it first, I get the error message:

> Run-time error '3044'
> 'C:\myExport.dbf' isn't a valid path. Make sure that the path name is
> spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the
> file resides.

> I'm stumped. Anyone?

> - Bob

> > I'm pretty sure that the database must exist before exporting an object to
> > it. Try creating the myExport database and then attempt the export.

> > > Hello all,

> > > I am in need of assistance with the TransferDatabase method. I am
> > attempting
> > > to export a table called myTable to a .dbf file called myExport. The
> .dbf
> > > doesn't exist yet, but as far as I understand, it will be created if it
> > > doesn't exist. Here is my code:

> > > DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "FoxPro 3.0", _
> > >      "c:\myExport.dbf", acTable, "myTable"

> > > When I run this code, I get the following error:

> > > Run-time error '3044'
> > > 'C:\myExport.dbf' isn't a valid path. Make sure that the path name is
> > > spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the
> > file
> > > resides.

> > > Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Access97, I installed all the
> > drivers
> > > I could, and I also installed the Data Access Pack from the \valupack
> > folder
> > > on the Office97 CD. I'm stumped.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Bob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Having Trouble with a static method

2. TransferDatabase Trouble when moving Forms to Backup Directory

3. transferdatabase method using dsn-less connection

4. Access 97 TransferDatabase method to import queried SQL 2000 data

5. TransferDatabase Method Problem

6. TransferDatabase method

7. TransferDatabase method question

8. TransferDatabase method using password

9. Access97: IPF with TransferDatabase method

10. TransferDatabase Method Error

11. TransferDatabase method

12. TransferDatabase method crashes Access 97...