Set printer to print duplex
Author Message
 Set printer to print duplex

I have one user who must print reports on two sides of the page in order
to comply with state regulations.  How do I set the printer to duplex
printing from VBA?  He's using a HP LJ 5si.

Currently the two sides of the report are stored in two separate Access
reports.  Am I going to have to put both into one report or can I set
the printer to duplex printing and then print one report after another?

The process is complicated by the fact that of six{*filter*} report only about
four are two sided, the rest are single sided.

Any help I can get on this is greatly appreciated.

--Nick

Wed, 01 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Set printer to print duplex

Quote:

>I have one user who must print reports on two sides of the page in order
>to comply with state regulations.  How do I set the printer to duplex
>printing from VBA?  He's using a HP LJ 5si.

This is done using the report property prtdevmode.  Start with the help file
on this property, and then look at the Access 2/95/97 Developer's handbook
for more information.

Steve Arbaugh
ATTAC Consulting Group
web: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/acgsoft.htm
To reply, remove ~ and nospm from address

Wed, 01 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Set printer to print duplex

Quote:

>I have one user who must print reports on two sides of the page in order
>to comply with state regulations.  How do I set the printer to duplex
>printing from VBA?  He's using a HP LJ 5si.

>Currently the two sides of the report are stored in two separate Access
>reports.  Am I going to have to put both into one report or can I set
>the printer to duplex printing and then print one report after another?

I'm sure you'll have to put both reports into one. You just can't pick up on
the next unused side when printing multiple reports.

Wed, 01 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Set printer to print duplex

You can put the backside on a report footer section of the front side and
then specify to print to a specific printer from File Print and set the
properties of the printer to 2-sided printing. I use this all the time.

Quote:

>I have one user who must print reports on two sides of the page in order
>to comply with state regulations.  How do I set the printer to duplex
>printing from VBA?  He's using a HP LJ 5si.

>Currently the two sides of the report are stored in two separate Access
>reports.  Am I going to have to put both into one report or can I set
>the printer to duplex printing and then print one report after another?

>The process is complicated by the fact that of six{*filter*} report only about
>four are two sided, the rest are single sided.

>Any help I can get on this is greatly appreciated.

>--Nick

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Set printer to print duplex

2. Printing Duplex to a Duplex Printer

3. Setting printer's paper bin and duplex with API calls

4. Setting the Printer to Duplex using API

5. macro printing in automatic duplex with a hp970Cxi printer in word

6. macro printing in automatic duplex with a hp970Cxi printer in word

7. Printing Duplex with Printer Object

8. Problem setting duplex printing via Word macro

9. Setting Duplex Printing...

10. How to bypass the Print to File Dialogbox (when printer is set to print to file)

11. How can i turn on/off Printer-Duplex in a Word-Object

12. Forcing printer in NT to duplex through API