detecting popups from webbrowser control
Author Message
 detecting popups from webbrowser control

I've embedded a webbrowser control in an excel spreadsheet.  I drive a web
form with data from the spread, using VBA, as if I were typing it in.
However: under certain circumstances I get

1) alerts, and
2) popup web page dialogs.

In each case, I can dismiss manually and proceed; however, I want to
automate.  How can I detect these events, and dismiss?

    adTHANKSvance,
    Dan

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 01:46:46 GMT
 detecting popups from webbrowser control
Dan:

If those popups are at the top of the page they will fire before you get a
chance to catch them. Suggest you read in the Outerhtml find out what the
object handle is and then set your object to the object and call th close.

Quote:
> I've embedded a webbrowser control in an excel spreadsheet.  I drive a web
> form with data from the spread, using vba, as if I were typing it in.
> However: under certain circumstances I get

> 1) alerts, and
> 2) popup web page dialogs.

> In each case, I can dismiss manually and proceed; however, I want to
> automate.  How can I detect these events, and dismiss?

>     adTHANKSvance,
>     Dan

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:23:43 GMT

1. detecting popups from webbrowser control

2. Stopping popups with webbrowser control

3. Webbrowser and popups

4. Disabling Modal Popups in WebBrowser

5. WebBrowser Control and detecting last DocumentComplete event

6. WebBrowser Control and detecting last document complete event

7. Detect File Download from WebBrowser Control

8. WebBrowser control - detecting stuff...

9. WebBrowser Control and detecting last document complete event

10. detecting none-existing pages in the webbrowser control

11. detecting none-existing pages in the webbrowser control

12. WebBrowser control: How to detect the URL