Power Point
Author Message
 Power Point

I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my witts
end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one Slide
Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set up a
"33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at the
same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is right
now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the "Active"
presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
                                                   TK.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Power Point
If you don't get an answer here, then you might like to repost this to
microsoft.public.powerpoint, which is where the concentrated PPT expertise
lives.

--

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Quote:
> I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my
witts
> end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one
Slide
> Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set up
> "33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at
the
> same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is right
> now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the "Active"
> presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be
greatly
> appreciated.
>                                                    TK.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:55:40 GMT
 Power Point

TK, PowerPoint only allows one active presentation at a time. I could
get several versions running on the same machine at one time but you
aren't going to get up to six.
I should think you could get what you want by embedding a PPT show
inside of Director and creating 6 different Director exe files. Or you
actually might have to create all the graphics in Director as well.
Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP

Quote:
>I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my witts
>end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one Slide
>Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set up a
>"33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at the
>same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is right
>now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the "Active"
>presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>                                                   TK.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Power Point
Sir...
Thank you for the reply.  I was able to get 4 simultaneous presentations
running last night.  My work-around was to convert the presentations into
HTML documents and view them in IE.  However...they do run in a
"Window:...which is kind of bothersome but with some resizing of the windows
and hiding the title bar area off screen I managed to get pretty close to
the result I was looking for.  Thanks again for the help.
                                                                    TK

Quote:

> TK, PowerPoint only allows one active presentation at a time. I could
> get several versions running on the same machine at one time but you
> aren't going to get up to six.
> I should think you could get what you want by embedding a PPT show
> inside of Director and creating 6 different Director exe files. Or you
> actually might have to create all the graphics in Director as well.
> Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP

> >I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my
witts
> >end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one
Slide
> >Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set up
> >"33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at
the
> >same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is right
> >now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the
"Active"
> >presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be
greatly
> >appreciated.
> >                                                   TK.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Power Point
Thank you sir for the response.
                                            TK

Quote:
> If you don't get an answer here, then you might like to repost this to
> microsoft.public.powerpoint, which is where the concentrated PPT expertise
> lives.

> --

> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
> by email

> > I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my
> witts
> > end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one
> Slide
> > Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set
up
> > "33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at
> the
> > same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is right
> > now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the
"Active"
> > presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be
> greatly
> > appreciated.
> >                                                    TK.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Power Point

If you create your PPT html presentations w/ navigation buttons you could
create a frameset of 4 frames and put each presentation in the frameset
 - (or use a page refresh/redirect to next page(slide) after x seconds in
each frame)

IMHO it's easier to just do it in Flash
--

For Newsgroup Posts Always Reply to Newsgroup Only!
Direct Emails for Help are Responded to on a Pay for Service Basis.

| Sir...
| Thank you for the reply.  I was able to get 4 simultaneous presentations
| running last night.  My work-around was to convert the presentations into
| HTML documents and view them in IE.  However...they do run in a
| "Window:...which is kind of bothersome but with some resizing of the
windows
| and hiding the title bar area off screen I managed to get pretty close to
| the result I was looking for.  Thanks again for the help.
|                                                                     TK

message

| > TK, PowerPoint only allows one active presentation at a time. I could
| > get several versions running on the same machine at one time but you
| > aren't going to get up to six.
| > I should think you could get what you want by embedding a PPT show
| > inside of Director and creating 6 different Director exe files. Or you
| > actually might have to create all the graphics in Director as well.
| > Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP
| >

| > >I know this isn't the appropriate place for this post...but I'm at my
| witts
| > >end with the following problem.  Is it possible to show more than one
| Slide
| > >Show presentation in Power Point at the same time.  I am trying to set
up
| > >"33 Plasma display which would display approximately 6 presentations at
| the
| > >same time.  Is there a program or work-a-round for this?  As it is
right
| > >now...I can display 6 presentations at the same time but only the
| "Active"
| > >presentation performs the unattended slide show.  Any help would be
| greatly
| > >appreciated.
| > >                                                   TK.

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Power Point
Thanks for the response.  I will give that a shot also.  Looking for the
easiest approach as the slide presentations will be updated at least once a
week.
                                                              TK

Quote:
> If you create your PPT html presentations w/ navigation buttons you could
> create a frameset of 4 frames and put each presentation in the frameset
>  - (or use a page refresh/redirect to next page(slide) after x seconds in
> each frame)

> IMHO it's easier to just do it in Flash
> --

> For Newsgroup Posts Always Reply to Newsgroup Only!
> Direct Emails for Help are Responded to on a Pay for Service Basis.

> | Sir...
> | Thank you for the reply.  I was able to get 4 simultaneous presentations
> | running last night.  My work-around was to convert the presentations
into
> | HTML documents and view them in IE.  However...they do run in a
> | "Window:...which is kind of bothersome but with some resizing of the
> windows
> | and hiding the title bar area off screen I managed to get pretty close
> | the result I was looking for.  Thanks again for the help.
> |                                                                     TK

> message

> | > TK, PowerPoint only allows one active presentation at a time. I could
> | > get several versions running on the same machine at one time but you
> | > aren't going to get up to six.
> | > I should think you could get what you want by embedding a PPT show
> | > inside of Director and creating 6 different Director exe files. Or you
> | > actually might have to create all the graphics in Director as well.
> | > Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP

> | witts
> | Slide
> up
> | the
> right
> | "Active"
> | greatly

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:32:58 GMT

1. Power Point Application

2. VBA and POWER POINT

3. HELP shapes and power point VBA

4. Bind a recordset to my power point slide show

5. Runing a Power Point slideshows from another presentation

6. Help updating links in Power Point

7. VBA and POWER POINT

8. Power point presentation

9. Macro to sort Power Point Slides Radomly

10. Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

11. Macro to sort Power Point Slides Radomly

12. Power Point macro virus warning error - how Bypass?