A TransferText problem
Author Message
 A TransferText problem

Hi All,

I have a rather annoying problem (aren't they all). When I use the
transfertext method to import text from a delimited text file (which I, by
the way, created with Access' export text wizard), I always get the error
message "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize 'Field1' as a
valid field name or expression."
Is there something wrong with the notation ?

DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "tblAdressen",
"d:\vl\shiatsu\tbladressen.txt", False

This I read in the helpfile

----------------------------
Text data that you append to an existing Microsoft Access table must be
compatible with the table's structure. Each field in the text must be of the
same data type as the corresponding field in the table, and the fields must
be in the same order (unless you set the Has Field Names argument to Yes, in
which case the field names in the text must match the field names in the
table).
----------------------------

But the data is compatible with the table's structure and the Field Names
argument is set to false.

AHA

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A TransferText problem
Um, it is not compatible if the field names is set to false.
Period.

To import into an existing table you must have field names
set to yes and they must be the same in target and source.

--

Michael

-------------------------------
random junk of dubious value is at:
http://www.trigeminal.com

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a rather annoying problem (aren't they all). When I
use the
> transfertext method to import text from a delimited text
file (which I, by
> the way, created with Access' export text wizard), I

always get the error
Quote:
> message "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not

recognize 'Field1' as a
Quote:
> valid field name or expression."
> Is there something wrong with the notation ?

> DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "tblAdressen",
> "d:\vl\shiatsu\tbladressen.txt", False

> This I read in the helpfile

> ----------------------------
> Text data that you append to an existing Microsoft Access
table must be
> compatible with the table's structure. Each field in the
text must be of the
> same data type as the corresponding field in the table,
and the fields must
> be in the same order (unless you set the Has Field Names
argument to Yes, in
> which case the field names in the text must match the
field names in the
> table).
> ----------------------------

> But the data is compatible with the table's structure and
the Field Names
> argument is set to false.

> AHA

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DoCmd.TransferText problem (acImportDelim)

2. TransferText - Problem with DecimalSymbol

3. transfertext problem

4. TransferText problem

5. TransferText Problem

6. An URGENT Transfertext problem