Changing field size from code ?
Author Message
 Changing field size from code ?

I know that y read this question before but i can't found the answer again.

Thanks

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing field size from code ?

Sigh.  You can check Dejanews for past threads.

You can't change the size of a field once it has been appended to the
Tabledef.  What you can do is create a new field of the correct size, copy
the data across, and then delete the old field.

HTH

    - Rebecca.

Quote:
> I know that y read this question before but i can't found the answer
again.

> Thanks

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing field size from code ?
In Access 2000 (Jet 4), you can use ADO to execute a command with sql
ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN to change field size, but not in previous
versions.

 -- Andy

Quote:

>I know that y read this question before but i can't found the answer again.

>Thanks

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Change table field size in code

2. Changing the size of an existing field through code

3. Changing text field size with code

4. Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???

5. VB code to change Access DB field size???

6. Change field's Size property via code

7. HOW TO change field size and delete field

8. how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

9. p-code, native code, size of exe, distribution size, and speed

10. Change Table Fields Size ??

11. Change field size with DAO?

12. Change field size in table using VBA?