String limit on InputBox
Author Message
 String limit on InputBox

Is there a limit on number of characters for an InputBox?
I have my variable defined as String as in

Dim MyInput as String
MyInput=InputBox("Enter description")

The input appears limited to 255 characters (like a text
box).  I need a memo size (64K) input.

Suggestions?

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:43:24 GMT
 String limit on InputBox
make you own form - put a texbox there
and open it in dialog mode

--
Alex Dybenko (MVP)
http://Alex.Dybenko.com

Quote:
> Is there a limit on number of characters for an InputBox?
> I have my variable defined as String as in

> Dim MyInput as String
> MyInput=InputBox("Enter description")

> The input appears limited to 255 characters (like a text
> box).  I need a memo size (64K) input.

> Suggestions?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:57:42 GMT
 String limit on InputBox
Hi,

Entering (or worse - editing) 64K of text in the short, single line text box
of the InputBox wouldn't be any fun at all, even if you could do it.

To add to Alex's suggestion: I would make the text box nice and big, and set
its ScrollBars property to 'Vertical'.

----
Simon Lewis

Quote:
> Is there a limit on number of characters for an InputBox?
> I have my variable defined as String as in

> Dim MyInput as String
> MyInput=InputBox("Enter description")

> The input appears limited to 255 characters (like a text
> box).  I need a memo size (64K) input.

> Suggestions?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:07:49 GMT

1. InputBox limit(?)

2. Limit / check entry in inputbox

3. inputbox string expression requested on each record?

4. Forms that return a string (Like a custom InputBox)

5. How to control Inputbox string length?

6. Using InputBox Strings in IF ELSE Statement

7. InputBox vs. InputBox$

8. String length limits?

9. String Size Limit in Textbox and Listbox

10. SQL String limited to 256 characters

11. funtion Split(string,delimiter,limit,comp) needed - HELP

12. Easy way to limit String length