"Operation invalid without current index"
Author Message
 "Operation invalid without current index"

Does anyone know how to resolve the following when Acc 97 starts up......

"Operation invalid without current index"  ..... all code / tables / queries
/ forms disappear, but some can be accessed through the switchboard
screen... even the data..

Would really appreciate any help........

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:20:45 GMT
 "Operation invalid without current index"

Quote:

> "Operation invalid without current index"

Sounds like something went belly-up. Make a backup and try repairing it with
JetComp from support.microsoft.com.

 -- Dev

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:01:52 GMT
 "Operation invalid without current index"
Cheers for the help Dev....

Doesnt seem to work... it still complains of permissions for the records set
when compacting - similar with jetcomp......

Nay worries - at least we tried......

Much appreciated

Phil

Quote:

> > "Operation invalid without current index"

> Sounds like something went belly-up. Make a backup and try repairing it
with
> JetComp from support.microsoft.com.

>  -- Dev

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:22:16 GMT
 "Operation invalid without current index"
Last resort is to attempt to import all the objects into a new database. Do
them a few at a time. When an object fails, at least you'll know which one
got corrupted.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Quote:
> Cheers for the help Dev....

> Doesnt seem to work... it still complains of permissions for the records
set
> when compacting - similar with jetcomp......

> Nay worries - at least we tried......

> Much appreciated

> Phil

> > > "Operation invalid without current index"

> > Sounds like something went belly-up. Make a backup and try repairing it
> with
> > JetComp from support.microsoft.com.

> >  -- Dev

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:48:36 GMT
 "Operation invalid without current index"

Cheers Bob.......

Cant see any of the modules at all......    strange but true......

Restored an old backup from tape and recreated the class files in the
db............  where would we be without backups...

Thanks for all your help....

Phil

Quote:
> Last resort is to attempt to import all the objects into a new database.
Do
> them a few at a time. When an object fails, at least you'll know which one
> got corrupted.

> HTH,
> Bob Barrows

> > Cheers for the help Dev....

> > Doesnt seem to work... it still complains of permissions for the records
> set
> > when compacting - similar with jetcomp......

> > Nay worries - at least we tried......

> > Much appreciated

> > Phil

> > > Sounds like something went belly-up. Make a backup and try repairing
it
> > with
> > > JetComp from support.microsoft.com.

> > >  -- Dev

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:51:30 GMT
 "Operation invalid without current index"

Quote:

>Restored an old backup from tape and recreated the class files in the
>db............  where would we be without backups...

At least you had a backup.  At least once every week or two there's a
plaintive cry for help about corrupted databases and no backups.
Thankfullky Peter Miller does a good job.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:54:48 GMT

1. Help! "Operation invalid without current index"

2. Operation invalid without a current index

3. Openrecordset "Select into" causes invalid operation

4. Winsock error "Invalid operation in current state."

5. "You canceled the previous operation"

6. "You canceled the previous operation"

7. msg "the operation failed"

8. item.cc "The operation failed" - Help

9. Partially unsuccessful "Find" operations

10. vbx for "sounds like" operation

11. Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO

12. "Operation is not allowed"