Calendar Control - No Click Event
Author Message
 Calendar Control - No Click Event

I am attempting to implemement the code below (found in
Chapter 9 of Microsoft Access 2000: Building Applications
with Forms and Reports).

------------------
Private Sub Calendar_Click()
   Forms!SyncForm!DateVal = Forms!EntryForm!Calendar.Value
End Sub
------------------

The problem I have is that the Click Event is not
available - ie. does not appear when the Event tab of the
properties box is clicked.

The control I am using is Calendar Control 9.0 - If this
is the cause of the problem, any ideas where I get the
right one?

Thanks for your help,
Greg.

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:16:59 GMT
 Calendar Control - No Click Event
While I don't use the Calendar Control, my understanding is that the Click
event exists, it just doesn't show up in the Properties tab for some reason.

What happens when you simply add your sub to the code behind the form?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> I am attempting to implemement the code below (found in
> Chapter 9 of Microsoft Access 2000: Building Applications
> with Forms and Reports).

> ------------------
> Private Sub Calendar_Click()
>    Forms!SyncForm!DateVal = Forms!EntryForm!Calendar.Value
> End Sub
> ------------------

> The problem I have is that the Click Event is not
> available - ie. does not appear when the Event tab of the
> properties box is clicked.

> The control I am using is Calendar Control 9.0 - If this
> is the cause of the problem, any ideas where I get the
> right one?

> Thanks for your help,
> Greg.

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:34:38 GMT
 Calendar Control - No Click Event
Hi Greg,
As Doug says, there is a click event.
Go into the code module for your form.

From the dropdown on the upper left, choose your calendar
control (whatever you called it). All the events for the control
will then be listed in the dropdown on the upper right. Choose
the click event.

HTH
Dan Artuso, MVP

Quote:

> I am attempting to implemement the code below (found in
> Chapter 9 of Microsoft Access 2000: Building Applications
> with Forms and Reports).

> ------------------
> Private Sub Calendar_Click()
>    Forms!SyncForm!DateVal = Forms!EntryForm!Calendar.Value
> End Sub
> ------------------

> The problem I have is that the Click Event is not
> available - ie. does not appear when the Event tab of the
> properties box is clicked.

> The control I am using is Calendar Control 9.0 - If this
> is the cause of the problem, any ideas where I get the
> right one?

> Thanks for your help,
> Greg.

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:42:09 GMT
 Calendar Control - No Click Event
In addition to Douglas & Dan's advice, the Click Event is actually the
"default" Event for a Calendar Control.  In this case, you only have to
right-click the Calendar Control then "Build Event ..." in the shortcut menu
and Access will open the code window with the stub for the Click Event
Procedure for you.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:
> I am attempting to implemement the code below (found in
> Chapter 9 of Microsoft Access 2000: Building Applications
> with Forms and Reports).

> ------------------
> Private Sub Calendar_Click()
>    Forms!SyncForm!DateVal = Forms!EntryForm!Calendar.Value
> End Sub
> ------------------

> The problem I have is that the Click Event is not
> available - ie. does not appear when the Event tab of the
> properties box is clicked.

> The control I am using is Calendar Control 9.0 - If this
> is the cause of the problem, any ideas where I get the
> right one?

> Thanks for your help,
> Greg.

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:03:03 GMT

1. Adding Click event for Calendar control

2. Let Calendar control close when mouse clicks outside control

3. ActiveX Calendar Control for Access 97--No Click Property

4. Display DateTimePicker's Dropdown Calendar with a click ANYWHERE on the control

5. synchronize public calendar events to private calendars

6. Calendar Control Event Firing Twice

7. Calendar control year change event

8. VB Calendar Control 8.0 Year Change Event

9. Capture click/double-click events from datatable

10. Calling a click event without clicking

11. label click event only works with right mouse click

12. System tray icon, single click event fires before double click